Retaining moisture/Minimizing Frizz in 2nd and 3rd day hair?

missingsummersmissingsummers Registered Users Posts: 9
I had posted here in the past about my different textures, but for the most part, have corrected the "differences" by embracing my curly texture -- if someone had told me three years ago that my hair could do what it does today, I would have laughed! Even though I have gone over 1 year without straightening my hair and modified CG, I seem to have an issue retaining moisture on 2nd/3rd and 3rd/4th day hair. The 2nd day hair is okay, but it begins to get dry and frizzy. Right now, I shampoo with a non-sulfate shampoo once a week, and do a co-wash when my hair starts getting unmanageable until it is time to co-wash again.

I'm wondering if you guys could provide any tips that would keep my hair moisturized past day 1/2? My current weekly regiment consists of a sulfate free shampoo, a conditioner, and a deep treatment. I follow this with leave-in and a shine serum when my hair is completely dry. I usually do my long washes Sunday afternoons and wear it out for the first time on Monday (after sleeping in a satin cap). On Mondays, I put nothing in my hair -- I just go.

Braiding my hair makes it look much worse, so that is not an option, and I pineapple my hair and sleep in a satin cap, but I still end up with frizz on the following day. Should I be putting more product in my hair on subsequent days?

I've attached a picture of what my hair looks like on a Monday (day after wash day), Tuesday (when the frizz starts making its appearance), and today.. when it's basically just frizz. Any advice wold be appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• jlb276jlb276 Registered Users Posts: 19
    Hello,

You have beautiful hair! On the third day picture, I don't see too much frizz. What I will usually do on non wash days is mix water with some leave in conditioner & smooth it over my hair. That usually helps with the frizz a little for me.

Hope it helps!
  • eveumeveum Registered Users Posts: 744 Curl Neophyte
    I also struggle with this but recently my hair has become a lot softer and more moisturised, at least I think 😌
    I have waist length hair that I wash once a week, on days 1 I leave my hair as it, day 2 I will apply a moisturising curl refresher, days 3,4,5,6 (at night) I will spray the lengths of my hair with water and then scrunch in a blob full of non silicone conditioner.

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
  • missingsummersmissingsummers Registered Users Posts: 9
    jlb276 wrote: »
    Hello,

You have beautiful hair! On the third day picture, I don't see too much frizz. What I will usually do on non wash days is mix water with some leave in conditioner & smooth it over my hair. That usually helps with the frizz a little for me.

Hope it helps!

Do you use the same brand of leave-in as you did on the first day? I've tried doing this, and it starts to frizz up and gets matted, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?
    eveum wrote: »
    I also struggle with this but recently my hair has become a lot softer and more moisturised, at least I think 😌
    I have waist length hair that I wash once a week, on days 1 I leave my hair as it, day 2 I will apply a moisturising curl refresher, days 3,4,5,6 (at night) I will spray the lengths of my hair with water and then scrunch in a blob full of non silicone conditioner.

What curl refresher do you use? If I were to do this day 3 instead of day 2, would that ruin the state of my curls?

Thanks!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file