A good look?

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,792Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
beyonce-435.jpg

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Smh
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    I do like the style of the bangs, very 50's pin up model. But the hair looks damaged.
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Suicide bangs are hard to wear if you're more than 10 years old.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nope. Not a huge fan of short bangs.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Ha. I thought it as a raggedy lace front. didn't realize it was bangs, LOL!!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,611Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I've never been a fan of short bangs. I kind of like them on the Mandy character on Last Man Standing, but I mostly don't like them. They look like someone was trying to cut their bangs and they were uneven so they just kept cutting till they are very short.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ^^ agree w/Jeepy! It's what older siblings do to their 5 year old sister!
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,156Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nope. Bangs are too short. Also, some of her hair looks orange - brassy. She can do better. Of course she could be bald with a lampshade on her head and she would still be beeuuutiful.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,101Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Horrible.
    3b in South Australia.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I never liked the short bangs either. I always think of dumb and dumber. I think Beyonce looks nice; I just don't care for the style.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • frcklsfrckls Posts: 528Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've never been a fan of short bangs. I kind of like them on the Mandy character on Last Man Standing, but I mostly don't like them. They look like someone was trying to cut their bangs and they were uneven so they just kept cutting till they are very short.
    TRBL wrote: »
    ^^ agree w/Jeepy! It's what older siblings do to their 5 year old sister!
    LOL. That was exactly what my youngest sister did at that age. By the time my mom came home and got to see her, the damage was done. Her bangs looked like a brush. LOL.

I think that kind of bangs are incredibly hard to pull off. I'm not a fan.
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    Ick.

I agree, this a tough look to pull off. I like it on Bettie Page and Traci Lords in Crybaby. And that's about it. I do fantasize occasionally about being able to have bangs. The last time I had bangs was in elementary school and I also had a mushroom cut I was trying to grow out. And my hair was straight back in the day.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I never liked the short bangs either. I always think of dumb and dumber. I think Beyonce looks nice; I just don't care for the style.

:laughing3:
    Ick.

I agree, this a tough look to pull off. I like it on Bettie Page and Traci Lords in Crybaby. And that's about it. I do fantasize occasionally about being able to have bangs. The last time I had bangs was in elementary school and I also had a mushroom cut I was trying to grow out. And my hair was straight back in the day.

Traci Lords did rock the ever loving .... out of suicide bangs in Cry- Baby

[IMG]http://****medoll.tumblr.com/post/18235755182/wanda-3-traci-lords-3-3-3[/IMG]

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1414082531.901030.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1414082545.413118.jpg
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Let me try that gif again because it's grand and the link i posted had a wordy durd in it so it wouldn't work

tumblr_mo8vxtZctG1qzl11vo1_500.gif

I loved Wanda Woodward.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I personally don't like the look and can't understand why some people cut their bangs like that.

This one girl I went to high school with does that, but they are super short. I'm talking, barely any bangs left short. I don't get it. just don't have bangs then....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    Somebody needs to tell Kathy Griffin! I have seen them even shorter and thicker than this, though, fortunately, they're usually a little longer and wispier. Even here I like that they're not so thick as Beyonce's

MV5BMTc3MjA2NTYxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzgzMTk0._V1__SX640_SY720_.jpg
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,792Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

haha

Beyonce_Dumb_Dumber.jpg

• mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    Thanks for that, spiderlashes!!! I am definitely sending that picture to my sister. We used to watch Dumb and Dumber on a weekly basis.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,301Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    scrills wrote: »
    Ha. I thought it as a raggedy lace front. didn't realize it was bangs, LOL!!

Lol that's what I thought at first too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file