Do you guys think all Curly Girls have similar personality types?

piggybearpiggybear Posts: 32Registered Users
Just curious all my Naturally Curly ladies that LOVE wearing their hair natural, are you an introvert or extrovert? Any personality tests you know of that are accurate and free? I have seen some, being even used by companies when hiring, but they aren't for free. I want to find a good one to see what it says about my personality type since I wear my hair natural.

Comments

• Ethel_CookEthel_Cook Posts: 49Registered Users
    I have not tried any personality tests but I am willing to take it and find out my personality classification if there's such a thing.
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am sure that not all curly girls have similar personality types.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I think people definitely have different personality types. I've seen too many run ins here believe we all have the same personality lol
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't see how your hair genetics and personality could be linked. I'm an introvert for the record. :)
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Speaking of introvert vs. extrovert - this would be a more accurate question for random curly headed people on the street. I think more introverts would be more inclined to be on an online forum than extroverts - although I know there are extroverts that come on here.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not even remotely possible. Not curly girls, not those with straight hair, not those who are near sighted... None. All people in A B or C group having the same personality is a drab thought.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    All it takes is reading through this board to know that isn't true.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • butter52butter52 Posts: 292Registered Users
    Nope.

What makes you think that?
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Absolutely not. Not hair type, hair color, not the month you born or your caligraphy or whatever. It's all nonsense if you ask me.

Also I've been reading one to many skeptics' blogs to take the Myers-Briggs personality test seriously.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    I read the title of the OP quickly and thought the question was "Do you think guys think all Curly Girls have similar personalities?"

To that question I used to get the impression younger guys did. In college there was this one guy who seemingly couldn't get over the fact I wasn't politically liberal because of my hair. That's an extreme example but I usually always felt a vague sense of being worldview/philosophically typecast in college.

Curlies in general definitely have varying personalities though. I agree with sixelamy that most of us here probably lean introverted, but the differences otherwise make the community interesting. Even our fashion differences are fairly pronounced (like most women, lol) and I enjoy that.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    chupie wrote: »
    All it takes is reading through this board to know that isn't true.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. One only has to peruse this sub-board in particular to see that we are not all similar. No group of people are by something as superficial as hair type anyway.

However, I have read that curly haired women are perceived as being more approachable. Hmmmm I can't speak for others but I'm certain not. I have permanent *****face LOL
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• wavesandsmileswavesandsmiles Posts: 59Registered Users Curl Novice
    That's an interesting question ... I don't see how hair type is related to extroversion/ introversion but maybe the deliberate choice to wear hair naturally??? who knows?
    As was mentioned most people I meet in online forums claim to be introverts.

I honestly can't figure out what I am. I don't really trust personality tests online but I confuse them anyway. Sometimes I'm an extrovert, sometimes I'm an introvert. I find being by myself draining usually and I find socializing energizing but I don't like large crowds and I definitely like to think before I speak. I like to think a lot but I also feel like I need to talk about it. Most people would say I'm introverted because I tend to be pretty quiet until I get to know someone but shy extroverts exist too!
    CG since June 2011 :)
    2b/c, thick, medium/coarse, low-medium porosity
    full Chinese Canadian

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file