Fashion question about a coat

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I celebrated 5 yrs. post brain surgery by buying a coat (among other celebrations) :drunken:. It is a warm burgundy color Burberry wool jacket which comes above my knees. I just love the color. I've never bought a Burberry jacket before. It's elegant but still sporty.

My question is, can I wear the belt in the back or does that look dorky? When I belt it in the front, the line of the coat isn't as nice as it is without the belt. I think it's because I am short and the wide heavy wool belt cuts me in half and also it then bunches up both above and below the belt. I can't have the belt removed because the belt loops are sewn in. Without the belt it falls nicely.
Fashionistas please weight in. Clueless folk welcome also. :love5:
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Picture?
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Excellent question! I'm going to try to do that from home. I promise. :)
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/burberry-london-coat-kensington-wool-cashmere?ID=1103778&CategoryID=2911&LinkType=#/fn=spp=69&ppp=96&sp=2&rid=&spc=246&cm_kws=burberry%20jacket

I hope this works. My jacket is very similar to this, a little less expensive and in the burgundy color. Here's another attempt.

[HTML]www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/burberry-london-coat-kensington-wool-cashmere?ID=1103778&CategoryID=2911&LinkType=#/fn=spp=69&ppp=96&sp=2&rid=&spc=246&cm_kws=burberry%20jacket[/HTML]
    Grrr didn't seem to work. How do I do this? I want to copy the link of the picture.
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Is it this one CurlyPearl?

8602085_fpx.tif}&anchor=0,0&layer=2&wid=236&posN=1.0,0&wid=472&qlt=90&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bilin&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
    YES - TRBL - you are a genius! How did you do that? :notworthy:
    Right click on the picture you want to copy,
    select "copy image URL"
    come back to this site & open a post
    click the button that looks like mountains with a yellow sky
    Paste the link you copied into the box (I just hit CTRL V)

I usually preview the post before hitting submit, because sometimes the picture is huge or doesn't work right.

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

That's fantastic! Thanks so much for that information. You are a peach :love7::love7::love7:.

CP loves TRBL in all the varieties.
    Awww :love7:
    /blushing

• Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I still can't see it on the app. The pic TRBL posted just has a ?. :(

Any the who... It's Burberry!! It wouldn't matter if you wore the belt as a head band. Nothing about Burberry is dorky! Cheers to you, CP! What a wonderful gift to yourself.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I can't believe it's been 5 years already! Congrats and yay for celebration gifts.
    I think the coat would look great with the belt tied in back, but I am one of the unfashionable folk around here so you might not want to go by me. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Opting out of an opinion because I'm not in a trench state of mind lately, but wanted to say that I'm glad you decided to "treat yo'self."
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I've seen many ppl do that.

You guys are making me laugh out loud! First of all, Fifi, you are hilarious. True - it is Burberry. With a capital B. It's extravagant - and I don't care!!! I'm here - I didn't die, I'm not blind, I'm not in a wheelchair, I can speak (slightly froggy, but we like frogs), - I can swallow - I can drink water!!! - all the dire predictions and 5 more operations and all the fear and suffering and here I am. Yea me. !!!

Jeepy, yes. 5 years. It truly changed my life. Thank you sweetie for the congrats. Also, I don't care if you're unfashionable. My friends are totally unfashionable. I absolutely couldn't care less. You are Jeepfreakin'curlygurl! (to misquote Blake Shelton - if you need the reference, let me know.)

Claudine, it's not a trench. At least I don't think so. ?? But I definitely treated myself. I want everyone to treat themselves. As juanab said: life is not a dress rehearsal.!!! I have seen people wear belts on a trench backwards, but this is a wool and cashmere jacket.

Spider - thank you for telling me that. :love5: Excellent~! Since I'm on the way to becoming a little old lady (cannot grasp that at all) I don't want to be a dorky one as well.

I'll think of you all when I wear the belt backwards. It will say to the world am I coming or am I going? Only my curlfriends know for sure.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file