no seriously, I got.......
    jewelry/jewelry box, jeans, and journals for my "daughter"
    throw for my cousin
    kitchen gadgets for my cousin
    minecraft, marshmallow shooter, wrestling things for my nephew
    gifts baskets for my co-workers
    socks, lotions, hair and make-up for my nieces
    coat, blender for my sister

I'm sure I missing a bunch, but there are now piles of gifts on the floor of my extra bedroom
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm F'd! I ordered something and did not realize the expected delivery date was Dec 25 - Jan 13. I ordered it almost two weeks ago. How can something purchased in the US take that daggone long to arrive anywhere else in the US???

I HATE THIS!!!

• PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Has it shipped yet? Maybe you'll get it!
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • JusduitJusduit Posts: 578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm F'd! I ordered something and did not realize the expected delivery date was Dec 25 - Jan 13. I ordered it almost two weeks ago. How can something purchased in the US take that daggone long to arrive anywhere else in the US???

I HATE THIS!!!

I had an order like that too but then it showed up in less than a week!! I think that just means the tracking info hasn't been updated. Fingers crossed you get it quick!
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur

I HATE THIS!!!

Is it from Amazon? If it's shipping direct from Amazon and those are the dates, you probably won't see it before. If it's an outside shipper (especially Asia), the timing is always really far out, but tends to show up pretty quickly. I ordered a couple phone cords and cases last week and all said mid January to be delivered, all have arrived but one.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i have not done any Christmas shopping yet :/
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Almost done! I still have a few little things to get, but I think I'm done for the most part.

Does anyone ever feel like it isn't enough? I love giving gifts and wish my wallet would allow me to give so much more!

Also, any ideas for a student assistant? The problem is that I don't know where she likes to shop, if she drinks coffee, what she likes to eat (or where), or anything about her really. I was going to get her a Starbucks gift card, but wasn't sure if she likes their coffee/tea. Then I thought about getting a mug and filling it with goodies. Or getting a Target gift card. Any thoughts? She's really quiet and likes to keep to herself. I know she likes candy though, which I've already gotten. She's the hardest on to buy for!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

^ winter themed mug with candy in it and a pair of fuzzy socks

it'd make me happy :) (although I am many years past my student assistant days)
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users

I HATE THIS!!!

I heard a story this morning about a dock workers on the west coast going on strike and I thought of you. Chances are that it's coming from a 3rd party, possibly overseas
    I know what my nephew wants and it should be easy. woohoo. one more person I can knock off my list. He knows that this will be his only gift

http://www.amazon.com/Zoomer-20063696-6022355-Dino/dp/B00JPYHRQ2/ref=sr_1_1/186-7464147-8697437?ie=UTF8&qid=1418832908&sr=8-1&keywords=boomer+dino

Even cheaper at toys r us

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=34621486&cp=&parentPage=search#goto-top-of-page
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    scrills wrote: »
    I know what my nephew wants and it should be easy. woohoo. one more person I can knock off my list. He knows that this will be his only gift

http://www.amazon.com/Zoomer-20063696-6022355-Dino/dp/B00JPYHRQ2/ref=sr_1_1/186-7464147-8697437?ie=UTF8&qid=1418832908&sr=8-1&keywords=boomer+dino

Even cheaper at toys r us

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=34621486&cp=&parentPage=search#goto-top-of-page

That toy looks really cool
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
    I was thinking "ohh I want one!"
    PerriP wrote: »

Thanks for the idea! I love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Usually CVS (and Kroger) carry cute, cheap, holiday mugs.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Or Dollar stores for mugs. I saw a bunch the other day with really fun saying and almost big enough to fit a pot of coffee. I thought they would be fun to fill with a light throw (they were that big!), cocoa mix and candy.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    I just gave my co-workers their gifts. I told them that it included a little bit of magic, as in they had to use their imagination to pretend they were wrapped, LOL
    You all are so creative! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

Here is one of the baskets. you also have to pretend that it has a tag that says "mommy mini winter escape". It also included lemon soda, but it's in the fridge because it is sweetened with fruit juice and had to be kept in the fridge. I did 4 theme lemon, ginger, mint hot chocolate and grapefruit.

It also included lip balm, airborne, mints and some other stuff you can't see at the bottom of the basket

Sent from my SPH-L720 using CurlTalk App
    DaniGirl88 wrote: »

Thanks for the idea! I love it!

Found the cutest mug with gift box at Bed, Bath and Beyond. So perfect!

And found some cute fuzzy/warm socks at Target to match. Plus, I'm going to put some candy in the box with the mug (she loves chocolate).

Thanks so much for the idea! She can sip tea and be all nice and warm this winter. I wish I had enough budgeted to get her a blanket too. I have another student assistant and some other people to buy for still. But I love this idea! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

Yay! And now you have the ideas in your head you can pick up stuff during the year (if you're able, after Christmas sales are great for mugs, blankets, socks, etc).
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I went to Ikea yesterday to get a couple of alarm clocks for the boys and picked up some wrapping paper and ribbon they had on sale - this is for next year when I WILL buy my presents early and get them posted surface mail so I don't get incensed by the price of airmail post!
    3b in South Australia.
    I bought an extra mug at Bed, Bath, and Beyond because they were on sale and came with such a cute gift box. Stashing that away for the next time I need a present.

Got my other student assistant a Captain America glass (she is a tiny bit obsessed) and fixed it up with candy and fuzzy socks too.

Now, just waiting on a few things to arrive in the mail and I think I'm done! Except a few little stocking stuffers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

• eveumeveum Posts: 744Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1419181594.000155.jpg
    Got my sisters these koala bear slippers each 😊 Too cute, half price too

Low Shampoo: Aveda Be Curly Shampoo
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture/ Perfectly Undone
    Treatments: SM Black Castor Oil Masque/ Packet Gelatine
    Leave in: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
    Styling: AG Recoil Curl Activator/V05 Mega Hold/Cornstarch
    Refresh: Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost

Between Waist and Hip Length (stretched), 2C with 2B roots
    I thought I was all done, thought all I had left to do was add some tissue paper and some name tags. The tree was even out of the box. Nope! I forgot one niece (15yo) and 2 nephews (17yo and 18yo) who I never see and I have no clue what to give them.
    ^gift cards for all of them!
    Yes, my tree just has lights and eyes. i nee to make a mouth, LOL

Sent from my SPH-L720 using CurlTalk App
    ^gift cards for all of them!

That's what I was thinking but I don't even know where to, LOL

any safe suggestions. Maybe Target? I have to stay away from clothes. I got my nephew a 3X hoodie last year and it was too small. That also means I don't want to do fast food for him. He is into video games and hating his parents, LOL
    Best buy for the gamer (or game stop)
    Target is good
    Or amazon
    Or a mall gift card
    oh! Best buy. That might work!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights