Random super curly/kinky hairs on 2a/2b head of hair?

fihefihe Posts: 101Registered Users
Today, when brushing my hair with my new Tangle Teezer (my hair is quite prone to tangles), I noticed this one very curly hair on my head. I was so surprised that such a hair came off my head that I took a picture of it:

20141019_005549_zpsxtksfa6s.jpg

My hair is mostly 2a, with a 2b texture in the front, and the bottom layer is generally just straight, so I wonder how such a kinky hair came off of my head. This is not the first time I've seen such a hair come out when brushing my hair.
Check out my new blog:
My Type 2 Hair

Comments

• claudine191claudine191 Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This has happened to me as well. I have fine 2a/b hair, and once in a while, I'll find some coarse, bent strand I cannot account for.

All part of the fun, imo.
  • russianprncssrussianprncss Curl Neophyte Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's not uncommon to have more than one type of hair on your head, even if they're not dominant. I've had hairs that look like that come out, hairs that are straight and then curl intensely at the ends, you name it!
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • chupiechupie Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That is amazing!
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • CurlyClaireBearCurlyClaireBear Posts: 17Registered Users
    That is amazing! I've had the same thing happen to me from time to time. The wierdest part for me is that they kinky hairs that I have found are a really dark brown color, my hair is dark/dirty blonde naturally, bizarre how hair is sometimes, right?!
  • fihefihe Posts: 101Registered Users
    That is amazing! I've had the same thing happen to me from time to time. The wierdest part for me is that they kinky hairs that I have found are a really dark brown color, my hair is dark/dirty blonde naturally, bizarre how hair is sometimes, right?!

Cool. I think that super curly hair came from the front of my head. The hair there is curlier than the rest of my head, and much of it is also lighter in color. I do also have a few random coarse hairs on my head. They are quite a bit thicker than the rest. I'm not sure why that is.
    Check out my new blog:
    My Type 2 Hair
  • naturecatnaturecat Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    More and more often I find my shed hairs look like definite 3a curls. This despite being a 2. Sometimes I also find thicker hairs (usually my hair is ultra baby fine). Some of my hair is randomly kinky as well. Finding all the different strands is pretty interesting, I think!

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • belwillcoilybelwillcoily Curl Neophyte Posts: 303Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I couldn't help commenting although I have type 4 hair. The reverse can happen too. I have majority medium kinky/coily strands on my head but every now and then, I'll shed a super fine strand that is bone straight or wavy (2A/2B-ish). It's weird.

Also, my oldest son, who is also type 4, used to wear a large afro and you would see one or two strands on the left side of his head of 2A/2B-ish strands that would stand out from his afro. We would cut them off and within a few months, it would grow back. It was whole head full of kinky/coily type 4 hair with one or two stubborn 2A/2B strands that refused to go away and insisted on being seen. LOL!
    :afro: Me Fascina El Pelo :afro:

Low Porosity; Medium Strands; Dense
  • frcklsfrckls Curl Neophyte Posts: 528Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I thought it was only me! I recently found a fallen zigzagy strand from one of my shedding hairs. Although peculiar, at least it's nowhere half as alarming as one shed strand I found years ago when I still barbecuing my hair. It was a hair strand split in 5 and looks like a mini tree!
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile
  • noodlynoodly Posts: 161Banned Users
  • HairObsessedHairObsessed Curl Connoisseur Posts: 138Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have the same thing! It's apparently not as rare as I thought! Most of mine seem to be on the back of my head.

My "kinky" hairs never seem to get too long. They seem weaker than the average strand of hair.

Nice to know that I'm not alone. :)
    Wave Pattern: 2A
    Hair Properties: Normal/Low Porosity, Medium Density, Medium Texture w/Fine Straight Underlayer
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, Cure Care
    Low-poo: Renpure Brazilian Keratin
    Rinse Out & Leave In: Tresemme Naturals
    Gel: LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file