Have you been visited by someone in a dream?

sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
Has anyone ever felt like they've been visited by a loved one in a dream? Do you think this can really happen?

I had a second dream about my fiancé's deceased brother, and I really feel like it's the second time he's made contact with me specifically. I'm not sure why me. I never officially met him, but we knew who each other were and have seen each other a couple times. I felt like last night he was formally introducing himself and that he was never dead. It was the strangest dream.

In the first dream a couple years ago, he showed me what he was like when he was healthy by touching my arm. I took that as a message to pass along to my fiancé that he is well now. My fiancé didn't want to hear my dream when I had it, so I told him later when we were broken up. My fiancé had a dream one night where he realized he was a jerk not wanting to hear about it from me. Not knowing about his dream, that very next day I had emailed him and told him about my dream. We ended up getting back together shortly after.

It's things like this that make me think our loved ones are caring for us even in death.
2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
:bunny:
NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
:thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Comments

• Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, on more than one occasion. My grandfather came to me in a dream not too long after he died and told me something I will never forget. I also will not repeat it. That is how sure I am that the dream was an actual visit/message.

I felt like my dad was trying to tell me something the first time I dreamed about him, after his death, but he didn't speak. I followed him around and he kept directing my attention to signs. Since then I have had several dreams about him. Some random but some feel much more than.

My birthday was just a few days before my dad died. We were eating dinner together and he said, "I dreamed about Mama last night. I have not dreamed about her in years. She told me..." He proceeded to tell the dream but my face and ears got really hot, my ears started ringing, and I felt so strange. I kept thinking WTF is going on? As soon he stopped talking I felt fine. I have no idea what he said. He died 3 days later.

^ That one is a common with people in poor health before they die. My dad had been sick a long time, we were not expecting him to pass, but it wasn't an out of the blue/healthy person surprise.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Not to sidetrack but on the same note) I can not even begin to count the number of people near death in my area who dream about a woman in the woods shortly before they pass. She is usually surrounded by animals of some kind. Cats, dogs, birds... She never speaks but waves for them to come on.

Dreams about deceased loved ones that feel like messages, and messages/dreams of those who are close to passing are discussed quite often where I live. It's a thing we all seem to be interested in.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I dream about people (and pets) who are dead all the time. I don't feel like they're contacting me, however; just that my subconscious is still working out long ago confusion and loss.
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    I generally dream people/pet as Claudine. My subconscious trying to short things out. But... One time I dreamed an alive person living thousand miles away from me that he happened to dream a similar dream. Characteristically I dreamed meeting him and hearing him saying hi to me. But I heard and felt the hi as it was said in reality. I can't describe it better but it was as feeling the person being next to me talking. Of course my eyes popped open after that.

Something similar has happened recently with another person but way more subtle in a half asleep state. Like a light feathery touch on my forehead so it might not be even similar. Like a soft kiss. Again the description of how it felt is weird.
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014
    I have had the same dream as someone before. My ex. When we woke up we both said I had the strangest dream. I started describing me first and he jumped in and said what happened next, and then I did the same, etc. Lucid dreaming. We never actually saw each other in the dream but were both witnessing the same thing. One of us could have been talking in our sleep... Who knows but it was more important than we realized.

He is one of the only people who gets my weird dream occurrences and doesn't freak out. Not along the same line as dreaming of the deceased but I will never forget having a dream that one of our mutual friends was arrested in the mid 90's. He was caught with a ton of stolen goods in his truck. As soon as I woke up, I told my boyfriend (ex) the dream. Right after I finished the phone rang. He answered it and it was our friend. He had been pulled over and had a bunch of stolen goods in his truck. The guy had a drug addiction that had reached the point of stealing to fund his habit. Unfortunately my ex made the mistake of telling a few other people and I was pulled aside, questioned, and accused of being a Narc. Haha. *HTH would I know he was breaking into houses in another county?* He had to explain to them that it was not unusual for me to dream things that happen. 'She's weird like that and its okay.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I do remember reading an article about gut feelings/premonitions/messages that made perfect sense. It talked about these things being most likely to occur in dreams and with people spending 1/3 of their lives sleeping, chances are high most people will have at least one experience. We only use so much of our brain but I think people have the ability to reach beyond that at times when sleeping.

I do wonder if it is more common with women. It happens with men, no doubt, but you seem to hear more stories about women and their 6th Sense/Intuition.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I find it interesting to hear about other people's dreams and their takes on it. I sometimes have dreams that come true, or come true shortly after I have them. Most dreams I have are just dreams, but some dreams just feel.... "different".
    ^ I know exactly what you mean. They do feel different.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In my neck of the woods it's known as having "The Gift", especially (by the old timers) if it's something thats happened on several occasions. My dad was always scared his worst dreams were going to come true because his Grandma Moore had "The Gift". She would tell them things that were going to happen all the time, and they did. The same was not true for him, for the most part. It is something a lot of the locals believe in. When dealing with a bunch of former Pagans who still follow signs, long into Christianity, it's not that surprising.

I will never forget my first memory of it happening, at 16. There had been little things before that but this was a major one. I had a very involved dream that my ex was going to break up with me. It started out with the necklace he bought me falling off my neck and tumbling down stairs. I could hear all theses voices saying "he's going to break up with you". A bit later in the dream I was walking up to his house and noticed his mom had just decorated the porch for Halloween. I went upstairs and he was sitting on a love seat in his bedroom watching tv. Things seemed fine at first until he said something I knew it was it coming.

When I woke up from my dream that morning I sat straight up and was freaking out. The necklace, which I was wearing, fell off. Later that night I showed up at his house with a friend and the porch was decorated for halloween. I lost it. My friend kept asking what was wrong and I told her he was going to break up with me. I had dreamed it. I knew it. *This is a friend who has known me since Kindergarten and is fairly open minded. I will never forget what she said, "It's hopefully just a coincidence but in case it's not, you might as well get it over with." Haha. I went upstairs and there he was on the love seat watching the exact same show he was watching in my dream. Things continued to play out exactly as it happened until he started to say that one sentence. I finished it for him and told him to go ahead and do it. Just skip ahead say it!! I already know the rest and know its coming. So, thats how he learned I was occasionally weird. That is my favorite way of saying it. Does it happen all the time... Not hardly. Has it happened several times, yes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i've had dreams on many occasions about people that were dead.
    i never realized in the dream that they were dead in real life and i tended to treat them as poorly as i did when they were alive.
    so...
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Yes

for months after his suicide, my friend Johnnie would visit. And now, my mother. I remember once Johnnie jumped out of the casket.

For me, dreams are a big part of my life. I see and hear so much in dreams. I really do believe it's how God talks to me. I don't like to tell people that because they think I'm crazy, but there are so many things that I see in dreams before they happen in real life. So I really pay attention to my dreams. I misinterpret sometimes (especially when it involves people I haven't met yet) , but I still pay attention.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    My first dream about my fiancé's brother was like that too.. he came out of his casket.

I was talking to my mom about this the other day and I'm pretty sure she thought I was crazy too.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    In that same dream ,we eventually ended up in the kitchen smelling vanilla after a octupus playing videos games left. At first I thought i was odd but I looked it up on dream moods. It exactly explained how I viewed his fiancee (I was on the fence and had been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt) and the vanilla was calming purposes
    frau wrote: »
    i've had dreams on many occasions about people that were dead.
    i never realized in the dream that they were dead in real life and i tended to treat them as poorly as i did when they were alive.
    so...

Such is dream life after death. ;)

I don't think either one of you are crazy. So, at least that is one person!!

People do react differently to it. I scared one of my ex boyfriends and have had people look at me like I was crazy on more than one occasion. I can't see anyones faces here and don't care anyway. Lol. Think what you will. Dreams containing messages and foretelling events is an ancient belief. I don't get into calling myself a psychic medium, having the gift or any of that and a majority of my dreams are random nothingness but like Six said, you feel the difference with the ones that are not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got a question... Does it only seem to happen with people you are the most connected to? I discussed this in the other dream thread one time. I know Six said she did not know her fiancés bother very well, but obviously you are connected to your fiancé. It's his family and one member you did not get the chance to know well.

Of course I am/was connected to my father and grandfather. I have dreams about some friends who have passed but they mainly seem to get me when I am awake. All of a sudden their face will pop into my mind and I will think about something they once told me. It always happens right when I need it and makes me realize just how much I wish I could still talk to them.

When it comes to my other dreams, it's people I am very connected to. Don't know exactly what it is about the first love but something there intensifies the situation, 10 fold. It always has. *I guess the best way to put it is I feel like I have known him a L-O-N-G time, and that seems to come out.

Any other dream I have had that involves someone I don't know well has still had a direct correlation to something going on in my life. Like in high school. Yeesh. At that time someone was leaving poetry in my locker and sending me a red rose, every day. No name attached, no clue who it was. I also noticed a car following me around a lot and everything gave me a creepy feeling. I was throwing away the poetry and giving away the roses. Wanted no part of it!! I started having dreams about a guy in my class (that I had never talked to) stalking me and trying to kill me. I just knew it was him sending the rose and leaving the poetry. I told a friend about my dreams & suspicious and a week later found out it was in fact that very classmate sending the flowers/poetry. He never tried to kill me. *We are friends now. He's a very socially awkward horror novilist who has a different approach*, but my friend did freak out on him, slam him into lockers and tell him to stay away from me or he would beat his ***. Anywho, I'm not the type to have end of the world type dreams. It's always very close to me or someone I am close to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file