Search feature

sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
It seems the search bar is not working? It seems all the new posts from newest to oldest show up instead of what I am searching for. I'm trying to find a specific topic topic, and nothing about that topic shows up.
2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
:bunny:
NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
:thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Comments

• mustangbunnymustangbunny Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    I have this problem, too :(

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    At least it's not just me.

Whatever the topic I search, the same results pop up.
    Yep I've been having that problem for awhile actually. I get better results from googling my question.

PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

Go Red Wings!

• sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    That's what I ended up doing. I googled "curltalk [insert topic here]." Kind of a pain in the butt, but whatevs, I found what I was looking for.
    I only use the app now, I find it's easier for most things.

Go Red Wings!

• atx_eveatx_eve Registered Users Posts: 278 Administrator
    Just letting you know I'm trying to get info and reproduce the problem to report it to the tech guys.

So just to be clear: you're using the search bar in Curltalk (on the website) vs being on NC and using the search bar and specifying CurlTalk in the tab

(pics attached if I'm being unclear)
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | [email protected] | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Curl Connoisseur
    Just as an example, I used the search bar in Curltalk to search for conditioner only styling. I got results for:
    Search: Keyword(s): conditioner, styling

Results appeared to be a list of threads with recent posts, newest to oldest, none of which seemed related to my actual intended search term.

I then tried using the search bar in Curltalk to search for "conditioner only styling" (in quotation marks this time, instead of no quotation marks). The first result that came up was the Conditioner Only Styling thread, which is what I would have expected in doing the initial search. The next several thread titles in the results did not seem related to conditioner only styling at all. The 2nd result was the All types of curls! (Post a pic of yours) thread, and the 3rd was the 2014 One Inch Per Month Challenge thread. Someone may have mentioned conditioner only styling in the 2nd or 3rd result thread, but the titles don't exactly look relevant to what I searched for.

Compare the results from searching via the Curltalk search bar to the ones I got when I did a search from the search bar on the main nc.com page. I searched from the main page for conditioner only styling (no quotes). In the "All" tab of results, I saw 10 pages of results, and the first page listed 10 Curltalk threads. 8 out of 10 of those results mentioned conditioner only styling (or conditioner-only styling) in the thread title. 7 of those 8 had conditioner only styling in a post within the thread. Of the other 2 threads, one title had "conditioner" and "styling," with a post that mentioned conditioner-only styling, and the other title had conditioner-only, with a post that mentioned conditioner-only and styling. I had to drill down to the 4th page in the "All" results tab before I got a result that did not seem related to conditioner only styling, and this particular result was at least about leave-in conditioners.

So, to my mind, I got much more relevant and comprehensive results using the search bar on the main page as opposed to the Curltalk search bar. What I expected to get when I searched using the Curltalk search bar is more in line with what I got when I searched from the main nc.com page.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file