Davines Nounou

jlb276jlb276 Posts: 19Registered Users
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has used this line on 3B or any other type of curly hair? It was recommended to me by my stylist, and I do trust her. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it.

Thanks,

Comments

• JLeighsJLeighs Posts: 904Registered Users Curl Novice
    I don't use the Nounou, but their Love Smoothing (the pink one) conditioner is my winter HG. No other conditioner comes close to doing for my hair what that one does. It's not CG, though.
    2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
  • jlb276jlb276 Posts: 19Registered Users
    So another question: what shampoo do you use? I'm currently questioning this whole sulfate/silicone free thing & wonder if it's imperative? I know I shouldn't question that on this website, but I've heard conflicting views so I'm just trying to make sense of it all.
    jlb276 wrote: »
    So another question: what shampoo do you use? I'm currently questioning this whole sulfate/silicone free thing & wonder if it's imperative? I know I shouldn't question that on this website, but I've heard conflicting views so I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

I use Andalou Naturals Age-Defying shampoo. It is sulfate free, but I find it cleanses well without being drying. I will occasionally use a sulfate shampoo, but I don't use it often because too much will dry out my hair and scalp. As for silicones, I don't worry about them at all anymore. You don't need hard-core sulfates to get rid of silicones. If my hair responds well to a product, I use it. What I do try to avoid in hair products are drying alcohols.

100% CG has worked for lots of people. I'm not one of them lol. If your hair is not responding to CG like you want it to, then there's no reason to be CG. Use what your hair likes. With that said, it does take time for some people's hair to get adjusted to being full-on CG. It may be that you just need to give it more time. And there are PLENTY of us on here who are not full CG, so don't worry about questioning it. :)
    Thanks so much for your reassuring advice. Truth is... I used deva curl for years & it worked wonderfully. It hadn't been working as well in the past few years, but I continued to use it. I heard they changed the formula in 2009, so that would explain the change. Probably more information than what you're looking for ;)!
    jlb276 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your reassuring advice. Truth is... I used deva curl for years & it worked wonderfully. It hadn't been working as well in the past few years, but I continued to use it. I heard they changed the formula in 2009, so that would explain the change. Probably more information than what you're looking for ;)!

I just bought my first Deva product (Light Defining Gel) two months ago, despite discovering CG six years ago! It's been shelved for the winter, but it worked great until the cool weather set in.

I worked hard at being CG for 2-3 years until I finally just threw in the towel. The turning point for me was when I realized that if I just used some shampoo once in awhile, I wouldn't have to do all those protein treatments. I was constantly over-moisturizing my hair with all that cowashing and conditioning.

I don't know if you're a wavy or not, but there's a great FB group called WavyHairCommunity. It's a closed group, but if you're interested, just request to join. There are lots of knowledgeable curlies and wavies there. It's a great group! :)
    Thanks - I may look into that! I'm actually 3B curly hair, but it's always good to have new information.
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've used some Davine's products. I haven't had enough success to justify the cost. I'm a 2b.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file