What are these code words

corinniePopcorinniePop Registered Users Posts: 138 Curl Neophyte
So I've been hearing a lot about "plopping" hair after a shower...what the heck is that? Also, what is porosity and how do I find out what mine is? How can I be 100% sure that I have the right type? I took the quiz and think I'm a 3A, but I'm not sure. And what does it mean to have "Botticelli" hair? Help!

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    When you first start, it's really helpful to read the stickies at the top of the forums. There's A LOT of information that will "translate" the terms, acronyms, etc. While the search function isn't the best, it's a good way to look up information.

Here's the link to the sticky about techniques http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/112371-techniques-links-supersoaker-spritz-condish-plopping-frizz-clipping-icequeen-etc.html?highlight=Techniques

Type is less important because it's transient--depends on weather, products, technique, etc. Hair properties are the more important aspect for choosing ingredients/products--rather then hair type. Here's a ling to help you with yours: Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free

Botticelli was a famous Italian painter. He painted a lot of woman with a certain type of curl--loose corkscrews (somewhere around 3a/b)--that are called Botticelli curls.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file