ouidad leave in and Biosilk gel not working?

the combo of Ouidad moisture leave in and my biosilk rock hard gel has stopped working, still moisturized somewhat but stringy hard ends. i've been applying same amounts and scrunching with curls towel but ends are crispy and hair not looking as curly and defined. is it the a-cone in the ouidad ? should i use less gel- i used a big quarter size on both sides of shoulder length hair. i clarified yesterday with neutrogena anti residue. i'm not happy:sad1: any thoughts ? thanks!
2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel

Comments

• JLeighsJLeighs Registered Users Posts: 904 Curl Novice
    Many of us have to use different products when the seasons change. I don't know where you're located, but now that it's fall in WI, I can't use the same products I did in the summer.
    2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
  • testimony777testimony777 Registered Users Posts: 237 Curl Connoisseur
    How long have you been using that combo and what was the condition of your hair when you started? I ask because I had an old faithful gel stop working for me a while back and found that it was actually because the condition of my hair had improved such that I didn't need the amount of moisture the gel provided. The gel that used to give me the perfect amount of hold, volume and moisture started weighing my hair down. For me the fix was to add some protein to my regimen and use MUCH less leave-in.
    Hair Stats (CG since 3/31/12)
    Type: 3c/b; Density: M; Texture: F-M; Porosity: L-N

Products
    Cleanser: DevaCurl Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: DevaCurl Original One Condition
    Leave-in: DevaCurl B'Leave-in
    Stylers: DevaCurl Volumizing Frizz Free Foam, DevaCurl Beautiful Mess, DevaCurl Flexible Hold Hairspray
    Refresher: DevaCurl No Comb Detangling Spray
    Finisher: DevaCurl Shine Spray

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file