Fashion looks and Hairstyles for a fresh BC

JuDee7JuDee7 Registered Users Posts: 18
I just had my BC and I just love my look right now! People say that I shouldn't have done it and there are those who say it suits me... Either way, what matters is that I love how I look and I have no regrets whatsoever!

Below are pictures of my BC. The thing is, I'm not so sure as to how to style it both in the wardrobe department and for the hair as well.

In terms of fashion, I'm trying not to look mature because I'm still in my early 20s while for the hairstyle department, I've got limited options in styling this 3c.... Please feel free to post your photos here guys! Both fashion and hairstyle :) THANK YOU!

Comments

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Registered Users Posts: 1,583 Curl Neophyte
    I think that looks super cute on you! As for fashion....I'm not really good with that type of thing. I typically just dress how I feel. So, I'll wear cardigans and jeans, or dress it up. Last week I wore a shirt with a skull print with a leather jacket. Depends on how I feel. I think you could rock that hair style with any kind of wardrobe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• frcklsfrckls Registered Users Posts: 528 Curl Neophyte
    Nice cut! I LOVE short hair. I've been experimenting with a lot of short-medium lengths for the past few years. After lobs, bobs and pixies, I finally got myself an asymmetrical cut! I like the androgynous feel and the easy care. Not to mention saving a lot on haircare products. :)

I generally wear whatever I feel like wearing. Of course, it's more "limited" at work. I actually love the contrast of BC with more feminine silhouette. I love doing the contrasting thing with men/androgynous clothing piece and more feminine one. Like my boyf's shirt with flirty mini or pencil skirt and high-heel sandals or court shoes. I love raiding my boyf's clothes and men sections at clothing stores.
    And if I feel like slacking off or feeling androgynous, I put on bright colored lipstick and pile on mascara, I'm good to go!
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Registered Users Posts: 1,583 Curl Neophyte
    frckls wrote: »
    Nice cut! I LOVE short hair. I've been experimenting with a lot of short-medium lengths for the past few years. After lobs, bobs and pixies, I finally got myself an asymmetrical cut! I like the androgynous feel and the easy care. Not to mention saving a lot on haircare products. :)

I generally wear whatever I feel like wearing. Of course, it's more "limited" at work. I actually love the contrast of BC with more feminine silhouette. I love doing the contrasting thing with men/androgynous clothing piece and more feminine one. Like my boyf's shirt with flirty mini or pencil skirt and high-heel sandals or court shoes. I love raiding my boyf's clothes and men sections at clothing stores.
    And if I feel like slacking off or feeling androgynous, I put on bright colored lipstick and pile on mascara, I'm good to go!

I recently got an asymmetrical cut too. I love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• JuDee7JuDee7 Registered Users Posts: 18
    Thanks guys! Feel even better with my look with your kind words! It truly is awesome to be in this community especially since I'm surrounded with people who constantly tease my look (I live in an Asian country where curls are straightened). Anyway, Thanks for your ideas as well, i'm excited to play with my curls soon.

By the way, what does an asymmetrical look look like? Do you have pictures? Coz I'm curious and I might want to try that soon. I'm really clueless hehe And I know our hairstylists here are as well. Please help me shed some light about this "asymmetrical do" THANKS! >_<
  • frcklsfrckls Registered Users Posts: 528 Curl Neophyte
    I know how you feel. These past 3 months is also the first time I truly wear my hair all out curly. Well, I've ditched my styling tools for 2.5 years now, but had no idea how to care for the curls.
    Back in my homeland, I was brainwashed too much with all those stupid commercials of long shiny black hair. Bleargh.

Anyways, I haven't gotten the chance to take pictures of my new 'do, but it's basically looks like Karla Deras (attached picture). My curl pattern is somewhat similar to hers as well.karlas-closet-short-curly-hair-650x433.jpg

Before I went this extreme, I had a bob which I swept to the right so that side looks slightly longer.
    15136912212_02884b1344.jpg
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file