Spiral Solutions: Is it still well loved?

CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I have been out of the curltalk seen for 2.5 years now. I have bought no new products and instead focused on using up what I had. Now, I have no idea where to start again! When I left Spiral Solutions was very popular, is there still a lot of love?
Currently Loving:
Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam

Comments

• asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't really see it mentioned anymore! I remember there was a production issue a year or two ago and probably fell out of favor due to that and other lines popping up.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ah, I see. I guess I have missed a lot! I see the Sweet Curls Elixir products are popular now. Not sure if I should go that route instead...
    Currently Loving:

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    While I'm a huge fan of Sweet Curls Elixirs, I still very much love Spiral Solutions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I remember you and just wanted to say HI! I still use Spiral Solutions. I didn't realize it had fallen out of favor (?) I'm also trying to use up a lot of what I have. Nice to see you again. :wave:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i still use the ss emollience butter -- i love it! even waaayy more than jane carter n&s. it is a staple for me. gets my hair thru the winter.

i still love the ss deeply decadent, but i cannot tolerate the fragrance. then i bought the unscented, which i THINK is the way she sells the dd now?, but that had a smell that was also intolerable to me. i know she says on her etsy site that she is going to change the fragrances back to original ones, which worked for me, but not the dd. it's too bad as i loved it as a leave in.
    i see people on here mentioning the ss cej, so i know they are still using that. shantelle had some problems and was on and off her website for months at time, so i guess it lost steam. but she is back on and is back to etsy and her products are all still there, plus she has added a couple of new ones.

(as you can see, still using and loving curl junkie! once in awhile i'll try something else that is popular, and my hair immediately tells me no! LOL! and you do remember aveyou.com sells curl junkie? i don't know if they are carrying the new version of pp yet, i think marsha just got it on her website last week. and she still has the original in stock and is selling both, separately. and she still has been having her 2x/yr sales, next one is normally on/around black friday.)

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi curlypearl! Nice to see you still on here!

I am ordering a sample pack from Sweet Curls and maybe I'll do the same of spiral solutions.

Rbb, i did stock Marshas website and saw the new PP. I am going to finish my bottle and try the new during her thanksgiving sale if it is still in stock.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using CurlTalk App
    Currently Loving:

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I think I'm the only one who hates Sweet Curls Elixirs. I love Spiral Solutions, but I don't love the fragrance. My favorite is the Curl Enhancing Jelly.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Spiral solutions is awesome if it's available. Probably best I have used. But I don't like dealing with ordering.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    chupie -- i believe shantelle had health issues that kept her website down in the past. now she is back on etsy and i find it seems to be working better. if she is out of a product, you click on the ''read more' and she will give an estimate of when it will be in.
    also, i find her customer service is great, she doesn't leave you in the lurch. i think you would find it easier ordering now.

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good to know. I don't care for the smell but I haven't found a conditioner as good as Caitlin's condish.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    on her website it says that many of the products will go back to their original fragrance. don't know if that is good or not for you.

• asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are the original scents the sweet ones?
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

it's been so long, not sure. maybe if you email shantelle from her etsy website she'll let you know what they were.

• mbeckhhpmbeckhhp Posts: 155Registered Users Curl Novice
    Hey ,I remember all you guys, also, not very active on here, anymore either. Love curl junkie, but ordered some products,thought I would love, and dont(strengthening condish, has polyquats/drying, and curlqueen, so much protein(hair usually loves) too drying, and crispy) So Im looking for maybe new product lines,for our hair types.My homemades still work best(gels) but sometimes I get lazy. Still havent discovered the perfect condish yet,for very fine porous, 3A hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3a/2a/spirals ultraF-i/ii,med/hi porosity,med/elasticity,colortreated/grey
    • Cowash[/C.J. daily fix,, Condish Peter Lamas volumizing(rice protein) mixed w CJ smoothing,orGiovanni 50/50,or Eulasense balanced moisture. Leaveins,KCKT,KomazaCalifia,GDLIStylers:FSG,*, KCCC&BRHG, CJ CIAB.mixed w Pattern Pusha.FOTE on dry. SOTC :1 drop meadowfoam oil.DT:biolageCB or curl rehab over megatek,CJ repair me.
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was a total Spiral Solutions cheerleader, but my hair has changed and can't tolerate protein as much as it used to. I need to recheck teh ingredients to see if there is a curling jelly without protein. Even my old reliables are problematic for me now that I'm coarser (yes, my hair changed). I need less protein, more moisturizing. So, my siggie needs to be changed. I already took out SS. Recoil is not my reliable anymore.

I tried Sweet Elixirs and it's nice, but Pattern Pusha works better for me and it lasts longer (ie, without refrigeration). I hope the change in formula doesn't mess it up for me, cuase PP (which I wasn't crazy about when it first came out) is now my go-to styler.

I really liked Curly Kinks' coiling jam, but they had some issues earlier.

Seems when I get to like a product, it gets all weird. Only Curl Junkie has been a dependable brand for me--in terms of quality and able to get hold of it.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are the original scents the sweet ones?

Yes. I didn't care for the sweet original scent and prefer the second lemon-curdish sort of scent.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file