Overcoming heat damage

KinkyKhamiKinkyKhami Registered Users Posts: 62
Hey gurlies....

I went to the local cosmetology school to get my hair straightened for my birthday. I attempted to touch it up with the flat iron and now have heat damage.

They also cut my hair into "layers". So now....my hair doesnt look right in its natural curly state. I need help.

I was thinking to transition again with straight hair. Who here thinks thats an ok idea? Should I? Shouldnt I? How would any of you all go about doing it? I ask for your help in this because I sweat doing my job and I need something that is easy maintenance

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using CurlTalk App

Comments

• RimiRimi Registered Users Posts: 2,001 Curl Neophyte
    It's up to you. If you sweat during your job, and the damage is really bad, it might be worth it to transition with some protective styles. If the damage is minor, I would just snip it off.
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file