Any wavies use DevaCurl Styling Cream?...thoughts?

CurlyClaireBearCurlyClaireBear Posts: 17Registered Users
With winter coming I am tempted to head into the realm of styling creams instead of/along with a gel ... my only concern is that it may be too heavy for my very fine, low porosity 2A hair (I also have hard water and my hair gets build up really quickly these days).

Have any of you wavies out there tried and enjoyed/liked/hated the DevaCurl Styling Cream or another CG friendly styling cream that enhances your waves without weighing them down....or do you have any tricks to help with keep hair moist in the dryer months with another product or combo?

Thanks!!

Comments

• MeiMei Posts: 259Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have low porosity 2b/2c with some 2a spots and you couldn't pay me to use Devacurl products again. I feel like I wasted so much money despite getting the book and products and following the directions to a T. Over $150 wasted for dry, frizzy, dandruff-y hair... Never again.

I just tried Garnier's sleek and shine leave-in conditioner today and absolutely love the stuff. For $3 you can't beat it. Smells good too and is a CG product. The one I bought has Argan or Morrocan oil in it (can't remember and I don't have the bottle with me). To be able to just use this one product and have great hair all day is amazing. Kinda astounded right now actually. Two more hours of my nine hour day and my hair still looks fantastic.
    Multicultural (Caucasian/Filipina)
    2b/2c - f - iii - low porosity - normal elasticity
    Holy Grail: Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair
    I rotate through the rest of my products depending on weather and etc but usually don't need them
    I try not to use products tested on animals if I can help it.
    Link: Updated hair picture January 2017
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not a type 2 hair but I like Jane Cater styling cream. Cheaper than Deva products and it works great. Check it out.
  • WaveExplosionWaveExplosion Posts: 20Registered Users
    I personally love the DevaCurl products. Particularly the B'Leavin curl enhancer & Ultra Defining Gel. I have high porosity hair, however, which is why gel works better for me than cream. I'd suggest checking out the product reviews for the DevaCurl Cream - on CurlMart, Amazon, Ulta, etc. That might help you decide if it's right for you.
    2c/3a med. density, coarse, low porosity, color treated
    Nizoral AD Shampoo (scalp condition); DevaCare One Condition
    Redken Curvaceous Ringlet, Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock, or DevaCurl B'Leave-in curl definers
    DevaCurl Heaven in Hair DT
    DevaCurl Frizz-Free Volumizing Foam (crown)
    DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
  • SanelliSanelli Posts: 1Registered Users
    I haven't tried the Devacurl Styling Cream, but I really like Curl Junkies Coffee Coco Curl Cream Lite for my fine, medium density, low porosity 2a hair. It clumps and enhances my waves really nicely and makes them spiral:) it has some hold but if you prefer more hold you can use a gel on top:) you can purchase it on CurlMart or on curl junkies website:icon_smile:
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My waves react well to Ouidad products. Deva did nothing for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file