HIGH porosity damage control?!

missduckettmissduckett Registered Users Posts: 9
I normally have low porosity, 3c/4a dark hair. I had too many chemical processes done to one section of my hair and it now has VERY HIGH porosity with a 2b/c "curl" (it only "curls" once its dried without being touched AT ALL). When wet, it's what some call "sticky" or "mushy"...its practically impossible to detangle (even using detangling LI) without yanking a ton out. The breakage (ohhhhh the breakage!!!) is soooo bad, it's awful.

What can I use to stop the breakage long enough to grow out and cut off all the damage? I'm considering the aphogee 2step PT but im sooooo scared of that stuff! I'm currently using a Neutrogena Triple Moisture shamp, followed by GVP "compare to Joico KPak" condish WITH aphoge 2min, followed by either the Neutrogena Triple Moisture condish and/or Aussie 3min Moist condish. I'm getting so-so results but I will say it's it a little better shape than before I started using that stuff. I've also tried a couple Dr. Miracle DC packets after the GVP/aphogee mix.

I know I need moisture because it's all so dry BUT I also know I need protein to help with the breakage (I think...this is just what I've deduced from my many many "please help me, idk what to do" pleas). HELP!!!

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Amla treatments hid the damage I did from hydrogen peroxide. I'm not doing them atm but they did make my hair function like lower porosity. Also it seemed to dramatically reduce my shedding. It lasts for about a month. These powders are drying so use coconut oil or milk in your mix, and/or follow with a DT if necessary. After replenishing the moisture to your hair, your hair will seem better moisturized on average because it will change the porosity.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,784 Curl Connoisseur
    I normally have low porosity, 3c/4a dark hair. I had too many chemical processes done to one section of my hair and it now has VERY HIGH porosity with a 2b/c "curl" (it only "curls" once its dried without being touched AT ALL). When wet, it's what some call "sticky" or "mushy"...its practically impossible to detangle (even using detangling LI) without yanking a ton out. The breakage (ohhhhh the breakage!!!) is soooo bad, it's awful.

What can I use to stop the breakage long enough to grow out and cut off all the damage? I'm considering the aphogee 2step PT but im sooooo scared of that stuff! I'm currently using a Neutrogena Triple Moisture shamp, followed by GVP "compare to Joico KPak" condish WITH aphoge 2min, followed by either the Neutrogena Triple Moisture condish and/or Aussie 3min Moist condish. I'm getting so-so results but I will say it's it a little better shape than before I started using that stuff. I've also tried a couple Dr. Miracle DC packets after the GVP/aphogee mix.

I know I need moisture because it's all so dry BUT I also know I need protein to help with the breakage (I think...this is just what I've deduced from my many many "please help me, idk what to do" pleas). HELP!!!

Before shampooing or cowashing hair, place coconut oil on it overnight. Be sure to sleep with a plastic cap on to protect your pillows and pillow cases. The coconut oil prevents hydral fatigue so that your hair doesn't break off during shampooing or cowashing. After shampooing or cowashing, try using an ACV rinse to help close the cuticles. This will also help with tangles.

Sometimes I mix the protein and deep conditioners to save a step when I need both treatments. Based on your description, your hair is improving, but you may need to tweek it at times. Maybe try half protein treatment mixed with half of a deep conditioner.

Also continue to use a leave-in to help retain moisture. HTH
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji