half curly half straight hair

UncertainUncertain Posts: 1Registered Users
I seem to have two different types of hair. The top layer of hair is 2b/2c and tends to frizz fairly easily (Since going no silicones and sulfates the frizz situation has gotten much better). The hair below the top layer is 2a and barely seems to frizz at all.

I know this website is all about promoting curly hair, however, does anyone have a low heat suggestion for making the top layer of my curly wavy hair straight?

Thank you. :)

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Maybe browse through the straightening section for help with that. What are you currently doing?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • TulipsTreasuTulipsTreasu Posts: 1Registered Users
    Uncertain wrote: »
    I seem to have two different types of hair. The top layer of hair is 2b/2c and tends to frizz fairly easily (Since going no silicones and sulfates the frizz situation has gotten much better). The hair below the top layer is 2a and barely seems to frizz at all.

I know this website is all about promoting curly hair, however, does anyone have a low heat suggestion for making the top layer of my curly wavy hair straight?

Thank you. :)

Hi Uncertain! We have the same issue :) My hair is about a 2c on top and it is coarse and just completely different...frizzy as well. I had a hairdresser some it up perfectly one day when she said from the ears up you have a black persons hair and the ears down a white person. I am caucasian if it makes any difference.

I straightened my hair for years because I didnt know what else to do. Finally at 38 I realized that what I needed was all one length so it would match. So I did a drastic cut to the bottoms of my ears eek! That was where my shortest layer was. I can't tell you how my life has changed! My hair is APL now and you wouldn't really know my hair is that different on my head. For frizz and to hold whatever curls/waves I am able to coax out of the bottom of my hair when scrunching I find the green MATRIX frizz gel is out of this world.

I hope this helps! I wish I had done this years ago

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file