HELP! Formally 2C, now it's closer to 2A

bmfebmfe Posts: 1Registered Users
I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I am at my wits end with my hair! I used to have amazing large ringlet type curls underneath, and more waves on the top, which were quite easy to just shape with my fingers when wet.

Now, my hair is looking stringy, and it would be wavy at most. I have hardly any actual curls anymore, and even airdrying will just result in a frizzy mess that I can never wear natural.

Most of the time I have to wear my hair straight because nothing I've tried to help my wave/curls has worked!

EDIT: I've updated my profile picture to show my hair before (when it was good!), and how it is now

Comments

• sheilacurlsheilacurl Posts: 1,240Registered Users
    Clarifying with a chelating shampoo containing EDTA is all the rage right now on the wavy hair community on fb. This seems to be bringing peoples waves and curls back from the dead!

Do you have a Sally's near by? ION makes a good one.

Also, try a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioner if that didn't make a difference, which I'm pretty sure it will though!
    Upper Michigan Dews
    3a ~ Fine ~ High Porosity ~ Normal Density

NoPoo: JC Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Outs: SS:PRT, CJ Repair Me, CJ Argan
    Detangler: KCKT
    Leave-in: CJ Repair me
    Stylers: UFDCM, BRHG
    Refreshers: Batiste (dry shampoo) on the roots & UFDCM everywhere else

iHerb Discount Code: SAF007

• greytmommygreytmommy Posts: 125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i have been having the same issue. Do you know the name of the ION chelating shampoo? I am assuming this is to help remove mineral buildup in the hair?? I wonder if this would help my curls. I have been doing PT, ect...and they are just not like they were a year ago, and it makes me sad.
    CG since 6/2012

Hair type: 2a/2b, normal/high porosity, fine, normal density
    Lo: Organix Coconut water shampoo
    Co: Suave Naturals, V05 kiwi lime
    RO: Loreal Total Care
    LI: KCKT, V05
    Style: AIA Curling Jelly, KCCC, Noodle head curling mouse, LALSG, AG Re:Coil
    Methods: icequeen, scrunch n pump, smathers, diffusing

Currently dealing with learning how to style shorter wavy hair...
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    greytmommy wrote: »
    i have been having the same issue. Do you know the name of the ION chelating shampoo? I am assuming this is to help remove mineral buildup in the hair?? I wonder if this would help my curls. I have been doing PT, ect...and they are just not like they were a year ago, and it makes me sad.

It's always worth a try. People I know got the Ion "Hard Water Shampoo".
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    bmfe wrote: »
    I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I am at my wits end with my hair! I used to have amazing large ringlet type curls underneath, and more waves on the top, which were quite easy to just shape with my fingers when wet.

Now, my hair is looking stringy, and it would be wavy at most. I have hardly any actual curls anymore, and even airdrying will just result in a frizzy mess that I can never wear natural.

Most of the time I have to wear my hair straight because nothing I've tried to help my wave/curls has worked!

EDIT: I've updated my profile picture to show my hair before (when it was good!), and how it is now

Pic is too tiny! I agree you should try chelating with that Ion Hard Water shampoo. Also, what are you using now, what is your climate? Are you taking any medication that might affect it?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file