So I made a mistake

MissQuirkyMissQuirky Registered Users Posts: 44
This may be obvious to most, but a few months ago I dyed my hair....yeah, never dye transitioning damaged hair...it's awful. Like really really terrible. I'm not sure what to do, if I should cut a chunk of it off or what, no amount of deep or protein conditioner have worked.

Any thoughts are welcome, otherwise...don't do that XD lol

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    I would trim a small bit of it off to see if it feels and acts any better then repeat the conditioning exercises.
  • MissQuirkyMissQuirky Registered Users Posts: 44
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Hindsight, not sure why I thought this would ever be a good idea ��
    MissQuirky wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Hindsight, not sure why I thought this would ever be a good idea ��

Too be fair someone posted a question on dying their hair while transitioning a few months back.

I told them not to do it while other posters stated it would be fine as long as they conditioned a lot afterwards.
    So I cut a bunch off and we will see what happens. My husband said he'd support me if it looks like we are gonna have a dry winter (furthering my dry, damaged, straw like hair) and I choose to BC he'd support me but that scares me a lot. O_O
    What are you scared off?
    Just that it's so short I wouldn't be able to tie it back, I've always hidden my hair unless it's relaxes or flat ironed.
  • batoulbatoul Registered Users Posts: 7
    What are you scared off?
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    batoul wrote: »
    What are you scared off?

Not sure her reason but some people are scared to have short hair because they don't think it will look good on them or looks masculine or that they'll get teased.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    @batoul the OP hides her hair - some curlies do this regardless of curl type. If you are brought up in a society where your natural hair is "wrong", and criticised and insulted for it, you need to be strong minded to go against social norms.

Having a BC is drastic and unless you can fake that you are confident with it until you are, then some people will pounce on your insecurity.
    Blueblood pretty much nailed it so I don't feel the need to add a whole lot more. I grew up hiding pretty much everything, including my hair, for a very long time. Luckily cutting (a LOT more than I thought I'd have to) off seemed to help. A few protein and deep conditioners later it's come back to life as much as it can, I'll probably be keeping it in a bun until the front part grows out a little more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file