Product Recommendation

curlsarahcurlsarah Registered Users Posts: 23
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations :) I am not using the curly girl method so anything will do! Right now I am using Marc Anthony's strictly curls mousse and I do like it but I've loved better. I like a thick consistency type of mousse (like the Joiwhip mousse -- I love that stuff) but I am looking for a drugstore alternative. Thanks!

Comments

• bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Registered Users Posts: 1,308 Curl Neophyte
    So reccomendations for your entire routine? Can you give a run down of your current routine? I would love to help if you want to try cg. I just want to know whether its more stylers or overall?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
  • curlsarahcurlsarah Registered Users Posts: 23
    I actually tried the curly girl method for a couple months and hated it lol
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
    The Suave mousses that come in the silver cans have a really thick consistency, which I like as well. The Captivating Curls mousse (green cap) contains dimethicone, so not CG, and the Volumizing (purple cap) has no cones but does have protein (collagen, so not vegan if it matters to you).

I really like the volumizing one, it served me well last winter; I need more hold from it in general, but I need a strong hold with almost everything.

And they are cheap! :cyclopsani:
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:
  • curlsarahcurlsarah Registered Users Posts: 23
    Ouuuu thanks! I'll check them out!
  • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Registered Users Posts: 1,308 Curl Neophyte
    I've heard great stuff about the pantene curly mousse and mixed stuff about herbal essences. I used to love the frizz ease mousse in my non cg days. Jane Carter wrap and roll is said to be good and you can snag it at ulta!

*Current Routine*

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    Can I ask why you hated the CG method? I mean, obviously not every method is for everybody lol, but I'm just curious as to what your issues were, specifically? :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Registered Users Posts: 1,583 Curl Neophyte
    I've heard great stuff about the pantene curly mousse and mixed stuff about herbal essences. I used to love the frizz ease mousse in my non cg days. Jane Carter wrap and roll is said to be good and you can snag it at ulta!

Is the Pantene Curly Mousse CG friendly? I'm just curious. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

@DaniGirl88 Yes it's CG last I had heard. I haven't tried it myself. But I'm thinking about getting back into mousses myself. The reviews in the products section on here seem to say its CG as well. If anything check the ingredients. Don't ever trust anything when risking cones on yo head lol.. if anything take a picture of the ingredients list and post it. Believe me people think I'm crazy when I'm in the products section of a store. I look like I'm at a auction. I read labels, look stuff up, take pictures, hell I even set products next to each other and pace back n forth lol. My family thinks I'm nuts, it's rather fun. :D

*Current Routine*

an*
    I'm an english major and it would have been a shame if I hadn't fixed that lol

*Current Routine*

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Registered Users Posts: 1,583 Curl Neophyte
    @DaniGirl88 Yes it's CG last I had heard. I haven't tried it myself. But I'm thinking about getting back into mousses myself. The reviews in the products section on here seem to say its CG as well. If anything check the ingredients. Don't ever trust anything when risking cones on yo head lol.. if anything take a picture of the ingredients list and post it. Believe me people think I'm crazy when I'm in the products section of a store. I look like I'm at a auction. I read labels, look stuff up, take pictures, hell I even set products next to each other and pace back n forth lol. My family thinks I'm nuts, it's rather fun. :D

Thanks for the help! I used to use Pantene conditioners and shampoos all of the time, but I heard they were bad for your hair (not just curly hair, but hair in general). I don't know how true that is any more, but I did notice a big difference in buildup after I stopped using them. I do like mousse over gel though, so that's why I was wondering. Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate them!

I stand in the aisle too, and take forever. My husband hates it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file