Hair hasn't grown in 2 years

sachi106sachi106 Posts: 10Registered Users Curl Novice
My hair has more or less been stuck at mid-back length for about 2 years now! I doubt the problem is terminal hair length because my hair has been longer in the past, and my hair is layered and even the parts that are shorter have not grown. I try to trim it myself (could that be the problem?) as there are not too many hairdressers in my area that cut curly hair, and the ones that do have not done very good jobs. I use coconut oil and deep conditioner, and I tried hair growth supplements for about 2 months but stopped before I saw any results because they made me break out. I take good car of my hair, keep it moisturized, don't brush with a hairbrush, use a cotton t-shirt to dry my hair, no heat, no dye, and it still hasn't grown! It's driving me crazy!

Any ideas on what could be the problem? And any ways I could get my hair to grow?

Comments

• MIA1487MIA1487 Posts: 85Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you looked at your diet?
    are you eating enough veggies and protein?

Another thing maybe you could try is protective styling (keeping your hair in buns or tucked ponytails) to lower manipulation.

But if you say you are doing everything right, then it could just be your diet.
  • ImFreedomCatImFreedomCat Posts: 2Registered Users
    Unless your hair is getting shorter constantly, your hair is growing. It's always growing. The thing you want is to retain length. I would suggest putting your away for a while. Try to keep the ends protected and covered. Don't manipulate your hair so much with touching, brushing, combing, etc. Do as little as possible, and you should see growth.
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've had issues with growth similar to yours. They subsided when I started paying more attention to my hair's protein-moisture balance. My hair was over-moisturized and breaking. This may not be your problem but it can't hurt to look into it.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file