True or false - do more grey hairs grow if you pull them out?

fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I was just wondering if it's an urban myth that if u pull out yr greys, that more grow. Does anyone know if that's true or false?

If it's true, I'd better stop pulling mine out so.

Comments

• Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Haha. I love the saying, "if you pluck one, 6 more will come to it's funeral.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's false.

Though you shouldn't pull hairs out of your scalp unless you want to be bald in the long term.

As people age they often lose hair so if your mum and older female relations have thin hair you definitely shouldn't be pulling out those grey hairs now.

Style them to hide them, dye them to hide them or just live with them.
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have about 10 people's hair on my 1 head of hair. No-one in my family suffers from thin hair on both my Mum's side and dad's side. I have a feeling I will have a lot of hair when I'm a hundred. :)
  • SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 179Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No. If that were the case then nearly bald men would be pulling out every grey they can find.
  • NubianPrizeNubianPrize Posts: 123Registered Users
    Stupid myth ! If that were true, people, esp older people with thinning grey hair would only have to pull out all their grey hair & it would grow back twice as thick, but grey. That means no one would need Nioxin, Rogaine, Keranique, trips to the dermatologist, appointments at the salon , wigs, hair pieces, hair dye, weaves,etc. common sense tells you that ain't happening anytime soon !!!!
    Hair type 4 "mystery":dontknow:
    Fine,soft hair with little penspring curls of different sizes. Small patch of wavy hair at center of my nape. Did BC in 2009 after 28yrs of curly perms.
    Products:WEN Fig, KinkyCurly, QhemetBiologics, SheaMoisture, Vatika oil, EVCO, EVOO, WGO, JBCO products
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Blueblood wrote: »
    Though you shouldn't pull hairs out of your scalp unless you want to be bald in the long term.

So a pulled-out hair doesn't grow back?? I pull out grays here and there and always figured my DNA has programmed hair to grow there...so another will take its place.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Blueblood wrote: »

So a pulled-out hair doesn't grow back?? I pull out grays here and there and always figured my DNA has programmed hair to grow there...so another will take its place.

If you damage the follicle then it's unlikely the hair will grow back. There are posters on the 4 board and a few other boards with bald patches who can illustrate that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file