Help me :) I volunteer as tribute. :)

Hi everyone! New here. I have found alot of helpful information on this site. My hair has Lay's been the bane of my existance. Finding products that work well with my hair is difficult..it's either too frizzy or the products make it greasy. Can anyone give me some styling product advise? My hair is on the drier side. Also can someone please help me figure out what hair type I am? I was thinking 3a? I'd appreciate any feedback. Xo
Type 2C/3A (I think)

(S-Shaped on top and ringlets underneath)

Medium Porosity
Coarse Texture
Normal Elasticity

;-)

Products: Everything under the sun

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hair type is relatively unimportant. It's hair properties that are the guide for choosing ingredients/products. Here's a link to help you with yours Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free Once you determine your properties, you can look for others with hair like yours and see what they use.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • simplydivine103simplydivine103 Posts: 13Registered Users
    I have high porosity hair and medium density. I believe I am a 2c with 3a underneath.:cya:
    Type 2C/3A (I think)

Medium Porosity
    Coarse Texture
    Normal Elasticity

;-)

• simplydivine103simplydivine103 Posts: 13Registered Users
    My hair is S shaped on top and ringlets underneath - I find it is either too frizzy or too much product. I've used gels, mousse, creams;etc - not sure what I should be using at this point. Any feedback on my "type" and/or products would be amazing :)
    Type 2C/3A (I think)

Medium Porosity
    Coarse Texture
    Normal Elasticity

;-)

• hockeyruleshockeyrules Posts: 95Registered Users
    I have been getting great results with DIY okra gel and a very moisturizing conditioner.

I have high porosity, medium to coarse hair as per a goosefootprint analysis.
    CG since the book came out!!

Products
    -Shampoo: - Edens co-wash
    Conditioner: Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks curl renew, CJ Argan oil, Mop Top daily conditioner
    Leave-in's: above
    DT: GVC
    Curl Cream: SMS
    Stylers: Curly Kinks Coil Jam, Mop Top
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I started out as a winter wavy/summer 3a--curl pattern in the summer was not dissimilar to your pictures. I never used products until I started lurking on nc.com. Do you know your texture?? (fine, med, coarse) While ingredients/products are important--finding out what your hair likes and dislikes--technique is also important.

My hair is fine/low porosity/low density. I think the importance of density is that high density people need to apply enough product and distribute it well. My hair never met a protein it didn't like. Protein tightens my curl and adds volume. I do frequent PTs and use a lot of products with protein. My hair doesn't like a lot of chemicals. I stay away from most polyquats, especially 4, 7 and 10. They coat my hair and are hard to remove. I know it's an issue because of frizz when wet.

The finding out what your hair likes is a lot of trial and error. Look with folks with similar properties (texture and porosity especially) and see what they are using. It's a good place to start.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file