any tips for growing my hair to my waist?

brinichole24brinichole24 Registered Users Posts: 46
hi, i have 3b-3c hair, of about medium thickness. i want to grow my hair to my waist, right now it is a little past my shoulders when dry, and right past my bra strap when wet. do you have any tips about how to avoid breakage/split ends? or any products that work well? i would love to hear anything you have to say.
thank you!

Comments

• avale3avale3 Registered Users Posts: 5
    I learned that combing your hair (only when wet of course) from your ends to your roots is one way to prevent breakage because you're not dragging a billion knots through your hair. Also, obviously, use the least amount of heat as possible & when you do, make sure to use a heat protector. As for products, recently I've been using Mane N' Tail shampoo & conditioner which is supposed to make your hair thicker, longer, healthier and more manageable. Although my hair hasn't grown a huge amount, I do think it's grown more with this product and it definitely seems more manageable and healthier. Lastly, deep conditioning your hair at least once a week really helps keep your hair moisturized and healthy! Hope this helped :)
  • nappymiminappymimi Registered Users Posts: 75
    It's all about length retention

Do scalp massages with oils,deep condition often.

warm up an oil,apply to your hair & cover with a satin bonnet or shower cap frequently & also before washing your hair.

reduce your use of combs & brushes. keep your hair moisturized by adding humectants (honey,glycerin,aloe Vera juice/gel) to your regimen or products.

reduce your shampoo use & condition after every shampoo.

avoid hair manipulation, do cute protectives like buns,upsos & chignons.

oil your ends when wearing your hair out. avoid piling your hair on your head during washing. use oils like coconut oil & castor oil for growth.
  • BeautyOGBeautyOG Registered Users Posts: 383 Curl Neophyte
    If you wish to grow your hair, you need to go to the basics.
    First of all, do you have low, medium or high porosity?
    How strong/fragile is your hair?

Keeping that in mind you should:
    Moisturize hair properly
    Strengthen hair
    And protect your hair

To read more go here: http://hairscapades.com/how-i-retain-length/

I'm just adding on to the info already given that's why you might find this very abbreviated.
    But I hope this still helps.

Sent from my QMV7B using CurlTalk App
    My Hair:
    3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

• brinichole24brinichole24 Registered Users Posts: 46
    avale3 wrote: »
    I learned that combing your hair (only when wet of course) from your ends to your roots is one way to prevent breakage because you're not dragging a billion knots through your hair. Also, obviously, use the least amount of heat as possible & when you do, make sure to use a heat protector. As for products, recently I've been using Mane N' Tail shampoo & conditioner which is supposed to make your hair thicker, longer, healthier and more manageable. Although my hair hasn't grown a huge amount, I do think it's grown more with this product and it definitely seems more manageable and healthier. Lastly, deep conditioning your hair at least once a week really helps keep your hair moisturized and healthy! Hope this helped :)
    Thanks, I only comb my hair when it is wet and covered in conditioner. And I never use heat

Sent from my VS985 4G using CurlTalk App
  • brinichole24brinichole24 Registered Users Posts: 46
    Hi, since September my hair has grown a ton!
    My hair is now to the middle of my back

Sent from my VS985 4G using CurlTalk App
  • SpiralHamSpiralHam Registered Users Posts: 477
    When I grew my hair out I kept it in a French braid almost all of the time - of course I was a laboratory student then, and a bike commuter, so it was more practical then anything else. But it worked like a charm and it always surprised me to find out just how long it had gotten. I didn't really have a goal to grow it super long, but it just kind of happened that way.

I'm all about shoulder length hair now - it just looks better on me! - but protecting your hair to grow it long is pretty key, IMO.
    Smorgasbord of finer, porous 2a-3a; straight underlayer

:thumbleft: collagen
    :thumbdown: humectants outside of optimal dews, PVP, oils/butters, anything remotely comedogenic

poos: Giovanni TTT, WF365FF, Suave Clarifying
    condishes: VO5 VMT, KLS; IonEC
    stylers: FSG, 4NSBCC, VolumaxMega, AIF, GFPC

Mod CG since 11/2012. My waves occasionally look best when combed out, so you can pry my combs from my cold, dead hands :laughing6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file