DIY Rose Infused Grapeseed Oil

Hey ladies (and gents) :D

I wanted to share my latest obsession which is oil infusing! I made myself some Rose infused Grapeseed oil and just wanted to share in case someone else would like to try. I am actually making a few others/have made e.g. hibiscus, amla, neem, coffee bean infused oils. Anyways this is what I did:

• I use dried red and white rose petals (1/2 cup of each I made 2 jars). (1st picture)
  • I poured enough grapeseed oil to cover the petals (roughly 1.5 cups) to cover the petals. Let the jars sit for 2 weeks in a warm place (not under sunlight) and shook the jars every morning . (2nd picture)
  • I then sieved the roses but there are always little bits of rose petals left in the oil. So I use a funnel and coffee filter paper and filter out the rose bits. (3rd picture before I used the coffee filter)
  • Then I added Essential Oil (Rose) for a little extra goodness and done! (last picture of completed oil)
This new format has me confused but the pictures attached should (hopefully) follow the order of the bullet points. I hope it is helpful :)
It is a never ending exciting adventure!

Stopped using relaxers (Mid 2009) and Hair Dyes (Mid 2011) :wav:

Comments

• RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Marianneh wrote: »
    Hey ladies (and gents) :D

I wanted to share my latest obsession which is oil infusing! I made myself some Rose infused Grapeseed oil and just wanted to share in case someone else would like to try. I am actually making a few others/have made e.g. hibiscus, amla, neem, coffee bean infused oils. Anyways this is what I did:

• I use dried red and white rose petals (1/2 cup of each I made 2 jars). (1st picture)
    • I poured enough grapeseed oil to cover the petals (roughly 1.5 cups) to cover the petals. Let the jars sit for 2 weeks in a warm place (not under sunlight) and shook the jars every morning . (2nd picture)
    • I then sieved the roses but there are always little bits of rose petals left in the oil. So I use a funnel and coffee filter paper and filter out the rose bits. (3rd picture before I used the coffee filter)
    • Then I added Essential Oil (Rose) for a little extra goodness and done! (last picture of completed oil)
    This new format has me confused but the pictures attached should (hopefully) follow the order of the bullet points. I hope it is helpful :)

This sounds lovely! I'm sure these would make lovely gifts. Thanks for sharing!
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • MariannehMarianneh Posts: 86Registered Users
    Rimi wrote: »
    This sounds lovely! I'm sure these would make lovely gifts. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Rimi,

My pleasure :). Yup, I agree they would make lovely gifts and the options are endless!

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App

My pleasure multicultcurly :)

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    this post gave me a bit of a smile, cause i do this too! right now ive just got rose petals in grape seed oil as well, and rose petals in vinegar i want to see how that turns out if i can use it for somthing.
    what do you use it for? or how do you use it?

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
    Fmasuhr wrote: »
    this post gave me a bit of a smile, cause i do this too! right now ive just got rose petals in grape seed oil as well, and rose petals in vinegar i want to see how that turns out if i can use it for somthing.
    what do you use it for? or how do you use it?

Hi Fmasuhr! Glad to "meet" another DIY-er :) Ooooh rose petals in vinegar never thought of that! Would love to hear how it turns out. I use my oil for a ton of different DIY hair products I make for myself: my Deep Conditioners, Leave-in Conditioner, to seal in moisture in my hair and also a dab on my skin at night before bed. I plan on adding it to my whipped butter when I make a new batch. How do you use yours?

pretty much the same as that! haha ive never done that with vinegar as well, i thought i might try it as a face toner, maybe mix with a bit of rose water, have to see what i do. its nice and light, so somtimes i use it like that somtimes i mix it with other stuff to message and on the tips :queen:

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    pretty much the same as that! haha ive never done that with vinegar as well, i thought i might try it as a face toner, maybe mix with a bit of rose water, have to see what i do. its nice and light, so somtimes i use it like that somtimes i mix it with other stuff to message and on the tips :queen:

Oooooh as a toner that sounds good! I have used ACV with water and also Rosewater as a toner..Rose infused vinegar would be the best of both worlds! Thank you :blob2:

• ldymrmldeldymrmlde Posts: 24Registered Users
    Thanks for sharing!

Quick question- what's the difference between using dried and fresh roses petals? Is it better to dry the rose petals first?

ldymrmlde wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing!

Quick question- what's the difference between using dried and fresh roses petals? Is it better to dry the rose petals first?

My pleasure :D

Oooooh as a toner that sounds good! I have used ACV with water and also Rosewater as a toner..Rose infused vinegar would be the best of both worlds! Thank you :blob2:

well its been in the vinegar for about 4 weeks, n this weekend ive finally got time to see how it is. I too use rose water as a toner so i think ill add the rose water to it. Im thinking it may be too strong to use like that as a toner, n if thats the case ill be useing it to wipe masks off, or after i use a scrab. so see how it goes, hope to get the best of bost worlds ^^:wave:

Fmasuhr Thank you so much for the update! Hope your lovely sounding DIY worked out :)

• Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Very nice! I bought grapeseed and rose oil a few months ago and love putting a couple drops of each in my hair. It's a nice blend.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fmasuhr Thank you so much for the update! Hope your lovely sounding DIY worked out :)

so i strained it, and added about the same about of water, then the rest of my rose water. Ive been using it once a day as a toner after i wash my face, i thought it might be a bit too strong, too much vinegar. Though so far its been great! since ive been using it, my face has been feeling n looking, alot fresher, cleaner and just has a really nice glow to it. I somtimes have problems with acne, (during and before my women week) though it seemed to have helped clear up the few pimples that i got. i must say im very happy about it. will continue using it :p

• batoulbatoul Posts: 7Registered Users
    that sound good, i just write them down so maybe i'll try this later
    Thank you :love4:
    i hope it works for you as nice as it worked for me :)

so i strained it, and added about the same about of water, then the rest of my rose water. Ive been using it once a day as a toner after i wash my face, i thought it might be a bit too strong, too much vinegar. Though so far its been great! since ive been using it, my face has been feeling n looking, alot fresher, cleaner and just has a really nice glow to it. I somtimes have problems with acne, (during and before my women week) though it seemed to have helped clear up the few pimples that i got. i must say im very happy about it. will continue using it :p

Sounds like a winner! I have a few DIY's that I have planned but your mix has been written down on my must try list! :D Thanks again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file