Heat damage ????

loving3bcurlsloving3bcurls Registered Users Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
When will my curls come back to life? im having a problem with protective styling since i cut my hair and its short now. My heat damage just wont go away! I know im only 2-3 months after my big chop but when will i finally see a better head of hair? My hair sucks! Please give me some positive words curly gals!

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    If you've big chopped, did you not chop off all the damage? Or is there still some left? Heat damage can't just 'go away', it has to grow out. Once hair is damaged, it's damaged.

Of course, things like coconut oil treatments can help (coconut is a penetrative oil that can help 'patch' the hair cuticle). Also deep conditioning often is a big thing, to make sure your hair stays well-conditioned etc.

Do you use sulfates currently? Remember they can be very drying on curly hair, hence why most of us follow the CG method, or some variation (which involves not using sulfates). You may want to try this, if you haven't already, as eliminating the harsh / drying cleaning agents and replacing them with gentle ones could help keep your hair in a good enough condition while you grow your damage out.

You just have to be patient really, and make sure you trim your hair regularly if you have split ends. You don't want the split ends travelling up your hair shaft and breaking off higher up.

Honestly, just enjoy your journey to healthy hair, stay calm, and smile when you see the gradual difference in your hair as you begin taking better care of it.

It's a good idea to take photos of your journey, then you can really see how far you've come.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    Most heat damage cannot be repaired. You could try doing finger coils. My hair won't hold them :( but they look beautiful.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file