Hiya from Maryland!

ZampanoZampano Posts: 1Registered Users
Hullo everyone! I've been lurking the site and forums for a couple days now and to see a community of such helpful and encouraging folks (and the amazing before-and-after CG photos!) was so tempting, I just had to sign up!

My hair story:
Naturally, my hair was always extremely curly/frizzy/poofy, and for the past five years or so I'd been flat-ironing my hair on an almost daily basis just so I wouldn't have to deal with it, which was a huge mistake. My hair, which I had been growing out, started breaking off and getting shorter on its own and around this time last year I ended up having to cut most of it off just to save what was left. Over this summer I've cut back A LOT on the amount of heat I use on my hair and on most days I just wash-and-go, saving my flat iron for special occasions or those days when I just can't get my hair presentable otherwise. From all the damage, I'd lost a lot of my curl and my hair is much thinner than it used to be, with loose waves in front and stringy spirals in the back. I've started experimenting with shampooing less often, using different products and my curls are slowly coming back and becoming more consistent. I'm finally starting to love my natural hair, but there's still lots of room for improvement and I'm excited to give the CG method a try and reach my full curl potential. I'm still not too sure what my hair type is just yet, maybe a 2c/3a mix at the moment? But it's still in recovery, I'm hoping with time I can go back to those tight, super spiral curls of my teenage years, minus the poof and frizz of course.

So those are the circumstances that eventually brought me here, while I was googling ways to enhance natural curls. Already this place has me feeling so inspired and optimistic. I can't wait to really settle in here, learn more from you guys, and maybe one day be able to post my own super awesome before-and-after transformation. Truly, y'all are amazing, thank you so much!

Comments

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome.
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    Welcome! I am so happy that you decided to join.

I wish you good luck with the CG Method. May your curly journey turn out to be a successful one.:smile:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file