Does this sound like protein deficiency?

curlydisastercurlydisaster Registered Users Posts: 8
Ok, so to cut a long story short, I had a hair disaster with a hair stylist which led to my very very tight ringlet curls becoming loose waves, half curly on 1 side, and almost straight on the other :(
Tbh, I could live with this, but it's the fact that my hair NEVER feels clean anymore, no matter how thoroughly I wash it. It always feels gummy and sticky underneath...when I've used a protein shampoo (TIGI elasticate) it has felt less so, but still grim.
I did a protein treatment about 6 weeks ago,which was positive as it made my hair longer (don't know even know how) then I followed it up the week after with no results.
I leave for college on Saturday, and I'm nervous to try a protein treatment before in case it goes wrong but I just HATE how dirty my hair always feels to me...I've used LUSH natural shampoos, T-Gel, Argan oil conditioning masks and I don't know whats wrong 😭😭😭😭it makes me feel so disgusting and ugly

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    A few things are missing for people to give you good answers. What was your hair dresser disaster?? Did it involve some type of chemical treatment?? What are your hair properties?? Here's a link to help you with yours Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free What protein treatment did you use?? If it was a homemade one (other then IAgirl's gelatin PT) the ingredients may not have been able to penetrate the hair shaft. What products are you using. The LUSH shampoos usually have SLS, so you're probably removing most ingredients (and oils)--but maybe you're not.

The gummy, sticky hair could be a need for protein.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    I'm going off of vague information here, but I would try a clarifying shampoo and see if that helps to start your hair over. The one I love is Neutrogena Anti-Residue, and a lot of other people here like the Suave clarifying shampoo.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • superzerosuperzero Registered Users Posts: 80
    Can't help you unless you tell us what went wrong

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list