New transitioner...again

Love_0614Love_0614 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello Everyone,

My name's Delores. I live in the Washington D.C. area. I am 10 weeks post relaxer, going natural once again. I tried to transition earlier this year and then gave in and just relaxed my hair at the end of June. So, after regretting that I am starting over again. I have stalked the forum for awhile before becoming a member, but now I would just like to introduce myself. I currently do not use any curly hair products... don't know what to use honestly. Almost 100% sure that my hair is type 3C. I will take suggestions!

:wave::wave:

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    Hello Delores!

I am glad that you have decided to give transitioning another try. Hopefully, things wil go much better than they did last time. Now, you mentioned that you do not currently use any curly hair products. Since you began transitioning, how have you been wearing your hair?

While transitioning, there are alot of styles that you can do to your hair such as wearing buns, ponytails, twists/twistouts, sets (roller/rod/straw), braids/braid outs, bantu knots/bantu knotouts, wash n gos.

I would recommend trying products from Shea Moisture's line on your hair. Their products are sold in a multitude of stores and they do offer a wide range of products designed to suit a wide variety of curl types, hair textures, and specific individual hairs' needs.

I certainly do wish you all the best with your journey towards going natural.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • Love_0614Love_0614 Posts: 2Registered Users
    I have just been bunning it, its the only thing I'm comfortable doing. I'm going to try some braid outs though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file