Hi from the UK. Lurked for a while, now posting :-D

hulalulahulalula Posts: 7Registered Users
Hi all,

I hid away in the shadows for a long time and gave half hearted attempts at curly girl using the book and products listed. Never really was sure what I was doing and couldn't put down my brush or my need for neat looking hair. (I always had straight hair and if it had any "kinks in it, I'd ghd it straight again.)

Anyway... I ditched the brush last Thurs. Have been using weleda calendula shampoo on the roots and a coconut conditioner on the ends. (Recommended on a uk curly girl website) I have twisted sister curl spray and also the pink boots creme. (Both recommended as curly girl fine) sometimes I stick on aloe Vera gel instead of books creme.

I'm unsure of curl type. But sounds like I'm low porous and medium density. Any advice/suggestions on type would be much appreciated.

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ohhh another UK gal! We're invading this forum now lol.

Welcome, welcome!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    Welcome! I am so glad that you decided to join.

If the current products that you are using in your hair is working okay, then I really see no need to change things up. I would only recommend possibly switching to other products, if your curls aren't responding the best to the products your currently using. As taming curly hair, really doesn't require alot of product really, it simply requires the usage of the right products for one's individuals curls instead. The main steps needed to maintain curly hair are to cleanse, hydrate, and style. Leave in conditioners are considered optional, as not all curlies feel the need to use such, so instead they prefer to skip this step.

As long as the CG Method provides benefits to your curls, then I certainly would recommend sticking with it, okay.

Good luck with your curly journey!
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    Welcome! I am so glad that you decided to join.

If the current products that you are using in your hair is working okay, then I really see no need to change things up. I would only recommend possibly switching to other products, if your curls aren't responding the best to the products your currently using. As taming curly hair, really doesn't require alot of product really, it simply requires the usage of the right products for one's individuals curls instead. The main steps needed to maintain curly hair are to cleanse, hydrate, and style. Leave in conditioners are considered optional, as not all curlies feel the need to use such, so instead they prefer to skip this step.

As long as the CG Method provides benefits to your curls, then I certainly would recommend sticking with it, okay.

Good luck with your curly journey!
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • hulalulahulalula Posts: 7Registered Users
    Thank u so much for the replies. I tried to post a pic but it says I can't do it yet. :-/
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, spammers took over a while back and I think now you need a minimum of 5 posts to post pictures
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
    Oh I see. How annoying. Seen it done on other forums. Think I must be nearly there . Using taparlo and don't know how to check. Lol. I'll try post a pic and see if it works lol

73384ddd6ab6c9c27b41bff2e8c1455c.jpg
    Hahaha it worked. Didn't expect it to. Now I look like a bit of an idiot lol.

Can you tell my curl type from that?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file