APL reaching for MBL !

NaturallyBeautNaturallyBeaut Posts: 1Registered Users
/B]Right now I am APL and my goal is to reach MBL before my sophmore year (August 2015) . It doesnt sound unrealistic to me to the fact that my hair grows 1.5 inch a month. Its September so I basically have 11 months and in those 11 months I should achieve atleast 16.5 inches w/o trimming which wont happen. My next trim is in December . The real reason why i want such long hair is because i have like maybe 4-6 inches of heat damage so my goal is to be BSL w/o the damaged parts of my hair. Wish me

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't want to sound mean, but the average healthy human grows roughly 0.5 inches per month (so about 6 inches per year). Of course, some people can grow around an inch per month (it does depend on the person), but 1.5 inches sounds a little crazy to me lol. And 16.5 inches in 11 months . . . I'm not sure if that's plausible?

Heck, you know your hair better than anyone, but the best advice I can give is to relax your expectations a bit. Especially since you have damaged hair which, without regular trimming, can split and breaking off higher up the hair shaft (so your hair may not look like it's growing, as it's snapping off).

Just be careful with your hair and enjoy the hair growth journey and don't be too disappointed if you don't reach your goal.

Good luck! :D
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list