First Gelatin Treatment....

geekrockgirl85geekrockgirl85 Registered Users Posts: 170
and my hair... I don't even know. It was *not* the startling revelation that most people have. This is the old recipe without xanthan gum, for the record.

I left it on for maybe 5 minutes. Rinsed the treatment, rinsed with some Nature's Gate Awapuhi, LI with Cure Care. It looked similar to some great hair days I have had before, so I was hopeful when I tucked myself into a plop shirt after applying some LAL Sport.

And that's where it gets awful. I think I need to give up on that gel once and for all... it's just too tacky and sticky and UGH. It made me touch the back of my hair a bit too much, admittedly. But the whole head just looks... not good. Puffy and fuzzy, very little definition anywhere. I'm almost afraid to force a second day out of it.

Have I found the upper limit of what my hair will tolerate, when it comes to protein? Or, should I try again once the Sport is replaced?
2c. present color& past heat damage, fine, low-density, high porosity, happy with some protein. re-CG as of 5/2014. Wash:V05 PFS or KLS, RO: (trying to use up my stash; so it's always different!), LI: Cure Care, DT: SM Smooth & Repair Hair Masque, Style: Ecostyler Olive Oil / La Bella Lots of Curls gel

Comments

• frcklsfrckls Registered Users Posts: 528 Curl Neophyte
    Replace the gel and try again! I, too, didn't see any groundbreaking result. And my hair was a bit poofy and frizzy, too (which was actually helpful since my hair struggles with volume since I started CG). The following washes, though, I notice my hair is shinier, softer and has less frizz. The curls are still somewhat droopy, though. Maybe I should leave it longer the next time.
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Registered Users Posts: 859
    The first one.I did right.after dying my hair was awesome!!
    But yesterday it didn't go.as good. Maybe my hair, as coarse as it is, doesn't need that much protein. I do pre poos with c.o and use a proteiny cowash so maybe that is.enough.

Maybe like.mine your hair doesn't really needed it this time.

[Properties for mobile users]
    M+C/ii, high porosity, medium elasticity, growing out color and heat damage.
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014
  • geekrockgirl85geekrockgirl85 Registered Users Posts: 170
    I use a fair bit of protein products, so that could be the issue. I had some stiff and dry feeling to my hair today, but wasn't certain if it was the protein itself or if I had just let it go too long without good moisture.

I got my hair wet and conditioned it some more today... it seemed back to normal as I was getting out of the bath. We'll see how it turns out once I undo today's plop, I guess!
    2c. present color& past heat damage, fine, low-density, high porosity, happy with some protein. re-CG as of 5/2014. Wash:V05 PFS or KLS, RO: (trying to use up my stash; so it's always different!), LI: Cure Care, DT: SM Smooth & Repair Hair Masque, Style: Ecostyler Olive Oil / La Bella Lots of Curls gel
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Registered Users Posts: 859
    I use a fair bit of protein products, so that could be the issue. I had some stiff and dry feeling to my hair today, but wasn't certain if it was the protein itself or if I had just let it go too long without good moisture.

I got my hair wet and conditioned it some more today... it seemed back to normal as I was getting out of the bath. We'll see how it turns out once I undo today's plop, I guess!

I think we might have the same answer to our problem. In my case though it retained moisture better so I dunno lol

[Properties for mobile users]
    M+C/ii, high porosity, medium elasticity, growing out color and heat damage.
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list