I'm having a problem with getting my hair straight!

anna7anna7 Posts: 17Registered Users
Okay so I've barely used heat this year but I felt like straightening my hair this week. The problem is my hair comes out poofy. It just looks like I blow dried it. I don't get what's the problem. I'm using the same products as I always do! I thought my flat iron was broke so I bought a new one and it's still doing the same thing. Any tips?

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Are you using a good heat protectant?

Are you using products that are good for volumizing (which you don't want too much of right now)?

Can you switch to a product that isn't for curls and also, as long as you aren't locked into c.g., definitely use something with silicones.

A deep treatment might be the answer - without protein.

Also, is your hair fully dry before you use the iron?

Finally, I read this trick somewhere - if your hair is too poofy, try wrapping a silk scarf tightly around your head for 20 minutes or so. There is some kind of oil in silk (just a tiny bit) that is good for your hair and wrapping it tightly discourages poofiness.

Good luck with this. Please let us know what works! since I think this is a common problem.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file