Gels/ Stylers For Daily Use

russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have been using KCCC on my wash days and the refresher on the second day. Sadly, unless I completely soak my head, it seems that the refresher does nothing to recoax my curls out.

So, I was wondering... On the eternal quest for 2nd day hair, are there any gels that can be used daily? On dry hair? Are there other stylers I might be missing?

I realize I'll be having to change my hair care routine come the fall/winter, but that won't be for a couple months at least...

Thanks for all your help!
2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran

Comments

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    Two very inexpensive brands that offer gels that can be used on both dry and wet hair are Eco Styler and L.A. Looks. If either brand is not sold locally in your area, you can always choose to shop for such online, via Amazon, Ebay, etc.

Also, there are also styling gels offered within Curlmart, that you can certainly check out, if interested.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • geekrockgirl85geekrockgirl85 Posts: 170Registered Users
    For whatever it's worth, if I need to add any product to refresh, I usually need a few spritzes of water, too. Not soaked, but damp. Then scrunch in a small amount of leave in, and the gel. I am much less heavy-handed with gel on my second day, as there's still a bunch of it in the hair and water kinda re-activates it. I've had zero luck with those pre-packaged refreshing sprays, but do spike my water with conditioner, protein, and/or epsom salts from time to time.

I'd absolutely try one of the gels Reservechic mentioned if you haven't. Should be about $3 for a good sized bottle or jar of either, and both have kept my hair "good", to the point where sometimes my day 2 styling routine begins and ends with "let down pineapple". They might not be for you, but there are several different formulas of each, and they are some of the most wallet-friendly products to experiment with!
    2c. present color& past heat damage, fine, low-density, high porosity, happy with some protein. re-CG as of 5/2014. Wash:V05 PFS or KLS, RO: (trying to use up my stash; so it's always different!), LI: Cure Care, DT: SM Smooth & Repair Hair Masque, Style: Ecostyler Olive Oil / La Bella Lots of Curls gel
  • russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Awesome! Thanks so much for all your help!
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've found with my hair that just spritzing with water, and scrunching, is sufficient to re-activate the gel that I put in my hair(on the days that I wash that is). Only very occasionally will I have to add a bit more gel after that spritzing. My one all-purpose gel is the very-popular-here LALSG.:)
  • KarenRB53KarenRB53 Posts: 355Registered Users
    Is the LA Sports gel good for fine 3b hair?
    3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
  • frcklsfrckls Posts: 528Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    More liquidy gels are easier to distribute on not-so-wet hair. My okra gel is perfect for that. But even just dampening my hair with wet hands reactivates the gel quite nicely.
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,682Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    KarenRB53 wrote: »
    I use it on my fine 3b hair and have had good results. Only issue sometimes for me is that I can overdo it on the top of my head and I get a bit of a "wet look" which I'd prefer not to have. But for me, it's a fine line with the amount I use that results in either wet look or uncontrolled frizz.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • KarenRB53KarenRB53 Posts: 355Registered Users
    Spiralli wrote: »
    KarenRB53 wrote: »
    I use it on my fine 3b hair and have had good results. Only issue sometimes for me is that I can overdo it on the top of my head and I get a bit of a "wet look" which I'd prefer not to have. But for me, it's a fine line with the amount I use that results in either wet look or uncontrolled frizz.

Thanks...I'm going to order it on line...can't find it in Canada.
    3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
  • WaveliciousWavelicious Posts: 73Registered Users
    @geekrockgirl58 what have you found that Epsom salt does for your hair? I've seen mixed reviews on here about that. btw absolutely agree about the spritzing with water, I couldn't get second day hair without pulling it up until I took everyone's advice & invested in a spray bottle lol.
    🐾
  • ashlyndmarieashlyndmarie Posts: 211Registered Users
    I've had success with using the two moisture sprays from shea moisture. The thickening spray from their yucca line and their shine & hold most from their coconut and hibiscus line. It helped reactivate the product and gave nice bounce. And amazing scent!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file