Product Recommendation

DendyDendy Posts: 8Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi all,

I'm new here and have been wearing my hair curly for a year. I've been struggling to find the right products but have learnt a lot along the way. I'm looking for an alternative to JC Confident Coils as it keeps leaving white residue in my hair but gives me great frizz control. Any suggestions would be amazing! My hair is LP and isn't a fan of Shea Butter or protein.

Thanks! x

Comments

• ashlyndmarieashlyndmarie Posts: 211Registered Users
    I'm not familiar with the product you mentioned. But I have had good success with as I am products. Specifically the as I am leave in and the as I am curling jelly.
  • DendyDendy Posts: 8Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sorry it was Jessicurl Confident Coils. Thank you for your suggestion!
  • cassy1cassy1 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Aussie hair spray works for my frizz and flyaways.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not sure what it is in the JCCC that your hair doesn't like. Some of the ingredients could be "film formers," although that's not what they are used for in the formulation. You don't mention your texture--I'm fine/low porosity. My hair loves protein and is okay with shea in well formulated products. I can't use SM Coconut & Hibiscus line. It just sits on my hair and never absorbs.

My hair likes the more natural products that don't have a lot of chemicals, especially polyquats 4, 7 and 10. I also try to stay away from VP/VA Copolymer. Some of the products in my signature (jelly products, especially) may be good for you.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyAeriCurlyAeri Posts: 21Registered Users
    I hope these work for you, they all smell amazing and are not that expensive ! Super moisturizing and not protein based :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file