Yes to Carrots vs Shea Moisture?

ginabean98ginabean98 Posts: 197Registered Users
Wondering if you guys couldn't help me out by comparing thickness/moisturization of each brand of conditioners.
2c/3a, botticelli/s'wavy, thick hair :queen:
Devacuts 3.5.14, 7.16.15
CG 9.11.14, on & off for years before
:sunny:
GOD really loves you. ∞
HGs: SM Shampoo, SM conditioners (RO), LA Looks Sport gel
*I love scalp scrubs, bangs, clipping roots, and diffusing!*
I wash my hair 1-2 times a week, usually 1
:cat:

Comments

• greencup13greencup13 Posts: 596Registered Users
    I've used yes to cucumber, carrots, and blueberries. And I've also used the moisture retention Shea. I honestly think they're all great.

Yes to cucumber is better as a cowash

Yes to blueberries is amazing and moisturizing with great slip for rinse out

Yea to carrots is an awesome rinse out and made my hair feel silky and buttery. It has protein while the other two are protein free.

Shea moisture retention was also a great rinse out. For me it was harder to work into my hair (later I found out I'm Low porosity and my hair didn't like Shea butter a lot)

Another warning is the yes to products contain cetyl esters with I had a bad bad bad built up/problem. May be fine for you idk you properties. I'm so saddened my hair can't use those products anymore because they were great. (You have to wash out the esters and to be it wasn't worth using a shampoo)
    3A 3B mix
    Colored treated
    Combo Low and High porosity
    Medium coarse texture

Goosefootprints hair analysis
    Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
    RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
    LI- As I Am leave in,
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Style- la looks sport gel
  • BetsymgBetsymg Posts: 52Registered Users
    Low porosity and shea butter don't go together?! Now i finally understand why SM products dont work that well on me!
  • geekrockgirl85geekrockgirl85 Posts: 170Registered Users
    I haven't tried the YesTo (but have been on a quest to find the blueberry conditioner anydangwhere), but as far as Shea Moisture, there's a lot of variation between the different "flavors". My hair is high porosity, and also doesn't get along with the yellow-label Shea Butter conditioner that well. It likes the Coconut/Hibiscus and Noni/Monoi products just fine, though.
    2c. present color& past heat damage, fine, low-density, high porosity, happy with some protein. re-CG as of 5/2014. Wash:V05 PFS or KLS, RO: (trying to use up my stash; so it's always different!), LI: Cure Care, DT: SM Smooth & Repair Hair Masque, Style: Ecostyler Olive Oil / La Bella Lots of Curls gel
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't tried the Yes To line, but in regards to Shea Moisture:
    The shampoo is a nice consistency, thick but still runny. Smells great and is very moisturising.
    The conditioner isn't very slippery, so doesn't distribute very easily. That being said, it's very moisturising and really does bring my curls to life. It's also quite nice when used as a leave-in and gives me soft, silky hair :)

I think the SM stuff in general is thicker, so not suited for co-washing. But if you're low-pooing it's golden!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • hockeyruleshockeyrules Posts: 95Registered Users
    I found yes to blueberries at Walgreens, HTH
    CG since the book came out!!

Products
    -Shampoo: - Edens co-wash
    Conditioner: Curl Junkie, Curly Kinks curl renew, CJ Argan oil, Mop Top daily conditioner
    Leave-in's: above
    DT: GVC
    Curl Cream: SMS
    Stylers: Curly Kinks Coil Jam, Mop Top
  • geekrockgirl85geekrockgirl85 Posts: 170Registered Users
    my local WG (in the suburbs of Richmond, so, it's not as if it's a living-in-the-boonies issue!) only has the carrot line in hair stuff, and the only blueberry thing they have is some ridiculously overpriced skin treatment. Target has the Cucs and Carrots, but no Blueberries. harumph.
    2c. present color& past heat damage, fine, low-density, high porosity, happy with some protein. re-CG as of 5/2014. Wash:V05 PFS or KLS, RO: (trying to use up my stash; so it's always different!), LI: Cure Care, DT: SM Smooth & Repair Hair Masque, Style: Ecostyler Olive Oil / La Bella Lots of Curls gel
  • FimuFimu Posts: 322Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file