My hair hates(I think I've figured…)

DrunkCurlsDrunkCurls Posts: 6Registered Users
Rather then doing a new post I'm updating this one…
[You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times]
This is what my hair was like in my teens (when I took care of my curls).
and after years of straightening, getting my hair chopped off, and TRYING the CG method and failing…
[You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times]

So I've read blogs, and more blogs, and googled, and searched … my brain hurts.

What I have learned… I need an EXTRA STRONG gel but I'm lost at which ones are CG approved and if ANY come in organic brands.
*I'm thinking something like biosilk gelee gel? But would love something with less chemicals …does one exist?

*I need a light weight conditioner for everyday use, one thats sulfate free and hopefully organic… Also I can only find CG recommended condoners that have alcohol in them?!?! why is this?

I also need a cleanser thats safe for CG a low po or something? :confused2:

I'm about to give up and get my straighter…. angry9:
Low porosity, Low density, 2C wavy ringlets.

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Which country are you in? What are your hair properties (coarseness, porosity, elasticity)?

Oily would suggest you are using a conditioner too rich in oils or butters, frizzy/fluffy/ poufy would suggest you are not using enough leave in conditioner for your hair's current condition. A 'true' conditioner is rich in the major emollients (fatty alcohols/ cationic surfactants).

Ignore paraben free, that won't affect the condition of your hair. Alcohol free means free of drying alcohols, fatty alcohols are conditioning. There are not usually sulphate surfactants in either gel or mousse so I don't understand that?
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • DrunkCurlsDrunkCurls Posts: 6Registered Users
    Sorry I didn't read that right…
    My hair is "baby fine", low porosity I think, and when wet makes "3" shapes. Im not sure why it won't stay curly dry. I've tried not putting anything in it and it just looks like limp lightly frizzy "beach waves".

t can't ignore the paraben's because I have a hormone condition that is aggravated by them.

I'm in the U.S.A.
    Currently using: Giovanni 2chic Tangerine Ultra-Volume Conditioner as my "shampoo".
    Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Style milk as a "leave in condoner" but I damp it out.
    For gel I use Calling all curls Deva care Arc AnGEL or fantasis hair polisher styling gel.
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    As Firefox mentioned, there aren't usually sulfates in conditioners or stylers. If you see something like "behentrimonium methosulfate", that's a conditioning agent, not a sulfate surfactant (foaming agent).

The SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk has several oils and a butter. Many fine haired curlies find it's too heavy for their hair, while others find it tends to buildup and require a sulfate free shampoo to fully remove.

According to Giovanni's website, the 2Chic Tangerine and Papaya Butter Ultra Volume Conditioner has the following ingredients:
    Aqua (Purified Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Fragrance, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Glycol Stearate, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, *Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, *Panax Ginseng Root Extract *Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract *Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, *Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract *Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Annatto
    *USDA Certified Organic

The dimethicone is a non-water soluble silicone that will build up until you shampoo. It's not something I'd want in a cowash. The Fantasia Hair Polisher gel also has dimethicone. I'd ditch both products and find something silicone free to replace them. If you don't want to be out the money you spent on them, then I'd recommend a regular sulfate free shampoo whenever you notice buildup, until those products are gone.

The two alcohols listed in the Giovanni conditioner are both fatty alcohols, and those are conditioning agents that are good for the hair.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • DrunkCurlsDrunkCurls Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thank you for explaining that! lol
    :-) I appreciate the response!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file