Help!! CG Method not working

GGZumbaGGZumba Registered Users Posts: 2
I have been trying the CG method for 4 months now. In the beginning for about 2 weeks, my hair looked amazing, but after that, it went downhill. I even chopped my hair shorter and I should have perfect ringlets b/c of the healthiness of my hair, but it's just a pile of frizz. It's been nothing but frizzy for 3 1/2 months now. I've tried different products, too, thinking that may be the prob, but still not working. I use a co-wash, heavy conditioner to wash out, leave in and then a gel and also about once per week a deep conditioner. Occassionally I wash with a sulfate free shampoo as well in case I was in chlorine or something bad for my hair. Since it has been 4 months, does this mean it's just not for me or is there something I can do??
P.S. I have 3b hair and it's been cut from below my shoulders to my ears. I've had it this short in the past and had perfect curls everyday, but not this time since starting CG.

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    Do you know your properties? Could be the products you're using are too heavy for your hair and you're experiencing build-up. What are the products you're using?

Could also be that co-washing just isn't for you. Some curlies (myself included) prefer to 'low-poo' instead. Which is just using a very gentle shampoo, without any harsh ingredients.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Try clarifying and chelating. You might have build up that your sulphate free shampoo cannot shift. Watch out not only for silicones but also butters, waxes including cetyl esters, polyquats and petrolatum.

Use a product with a harsh anionic (sulphate/ olefin sulfonate) as the main surfactant. Cocoamidopropyl betaine can shift silicone build up but may not be enough for some polyquats.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • GGZumbaGGZumba Registered Users Posts: 2
    Great advice ladies. I have not tried clarifying (except in the beginning). Will research and try. And I don't know my properties either; must research that too. Who knew this would be so complicated to figure out?? Feel like I need to be a scientist to get this right. And there's just so many products out there, I just have no idea. But I really do miss my frizz free curls I had once upon a time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file