Best for shiny curls

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,158Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle gives my curls a lovely shine. It only has a very light hold, so I wouldn't use it on its own for frizz protection, but I mix it with whatever I'm using because it gives my curls such a pretty shine.

What gives your curls the best shine?
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,343Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i, too, like ciab. you say you mix it? how do you apply it? mixed with another product?

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • aspenaspen Posts: 154Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I find blasting my hair with cool air from my hair dryer once it is almost done drying naturally or after diffusing makes my curls glossy as all get out.
    3A-3B / Medium / High Density / Low Porosity
    Modified CG
    Low poo: Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine
    Conditioner: Curls Unleashed NB
    Leave in: Creme of Natura Argan Oil Strengthen & Shine
    Styling Product: Curl Keeper/ Curly Solutions gel
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,158Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi RBB :sunny:

I apply usually it first then scrunch in something else like KCCC but I have to be careful with KCCC and use the tiniest amount, otherwise I get stringlets. I've also tried using it with mousse and that works too.

My hair just recovered from looking awful (thanks to good advice on this board to deep condition and a great haircut at Hair Rules) so I'm really happy with my curls for the first time in months.

I'm going to be trying it out with curl cremes and other concoctions! Finally having great hair days - but the dew point has been pretty low. I have to see what happens when the dews are killer.

What's new with you?
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,343Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    thanks!

i've been using either curl rehab or deep fix as leave in, then adding aloe fix on top. however, with the dews dropping i've switched to pattern pusha.
    not sealing every day, just once in awhile,using ss emollience, sometimes jc n&s.

i do use ciab from time to time, but i think my hair has a problem with the polyquat. altho, i probably use too much, that is why i asked how you use it. generally the first day i use i have fabulous hair, then it goes to good, ok...... limp. so i save it for bad hair days when i need to go out at night, it does work well on dry hair, too.

once we hit the fall i will switch to just a little honey butta or cccc with a bit of curl rehab.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have found that adding some Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly works really well for added shine and moisture. I just mix it with my gel! I was just about to write a review on it as I have rediscovered it. You can get some at iherb.com and if you use my code (DEY827), save up to $10 on your order. That's where I buy the Desert Essences coconut shampoo and conditioner too ...

Aubrey Organics, Mandarin Magic, Hair Moisturizing Jelly, 8 fl oz (237 ml) - iHerb.com
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    faithful to Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Gelly
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée
    Desert Essences Coconut shampoo and conditioner

Discount code:
    For $$$$ off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827

• WildfoxWildfox Posts: 148Registered Users
    After my hair is dry I separate my curls with some jane carter seal&shine in my fingers for more volume. When I'm done I smooth down the canopy with an extra spray. This is my favourite product for some shine right now because it doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy at all.
  • anonymous_135076anonymous_135076 Posts: 32Registered Users
    aspen wrote: »
    I find blasting my hair with cool air from my hair dryer once it is almost done drying naturally or after diffusing makes my curls glossy as all get out.

Great tip, thanks! :)
    3A

Shampoo: Desert Essence Fragrance Free Shampoo
    Conditioner: Desert Essence Fragrance Free Conditioner
    DC: John Masters Organics Lavender & Avocado Intensive Conditioner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file