Lazy Transitioner

SweetRellieSweetRellie Registered Users Posts: 468 Curl Neophyte
Hello curlies! I need some suggestions on how to help my big sis transition. I've told her about cowashing and the LOC method, etc. but she is too lazy to do anything to her hair. Just last week, she complained that her arm was tired from making a ponytail, so I had to do it for her lol. I really need help in keeping her motivated. She loves trying new styles, except she won't do them on herself. She has a beautician that she goes to but I can't get her to leave the flat iron alone in between salon visits. :disgust:
Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil

Comments

• MissQuirkyMissQuirky Registered Users Posts: 44
    Honestly in my experience, you can't force someone to go natural or transition. I've heard cantu's leave in has lots of oil and can me a 3-in-1, I believe curly Nikki did a post about it. Try to encourage her to take care of it as much as she can, I know for me (I am super lazy) if it's not a wash and go or a bun, I ain't doing it lol. Buns are my best friend. I love the Mane Objective's bun tutorial too. Hopefully she will come to terms on her own. :)
  • BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    Leave your sis to do her hair herself.

Otherwise when she fails being a natural she will blame you and being "natural" not her own laziness.

Also you may not actually have similar hair so need to treat it differently.

In my family just looking at brothers you can see different curl patterns, textures and densities. In one extreme one of the boys has fine stranded 3B hair while his brother has normal stranded 4B. All the men and boys are natural, and have grown afros at some point so it's easy to do a comparison with them than the women.
  • SweetRellieSweetRellie Registered Users Posts: 468 Curl Neophyte
    Her new stylist has agreed to work with her all throughout her transition and she's finally agreed to put the flat iron away. As for what she'll do to maintain her hair in between salon visits...we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Anyhoo, thanks for the responses guys.
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
    Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file