CurlTalk

Thinking about a big-ish chop...

ural0000ural0000 Posts: 114Registered Users
Hi ladies,

I’m mostly an occasional lurker as I usually have my hair routine fairly sorted out (mod-cg-ing since 2007, but taking a very low maintenance approach with usually hardly any styling products at all).

My hair is currently just below shoulder length, 2c/3a texture with layers starting at chin-length (when freshly cut) - depending on the prevailing wind and humidity, I can manage 2nd day hair with a squish of water with a bit of conditioner in it. So far so good.

Thing is - I’m a bit bored. My hair being my hair I’ve had it in variations of this length/cut for the past 15 years.
The shortest it has been was an ill-advised radical cut just after I started CG (which at least got rid of my shot ends!) - and at that point that was too short for my hair to have any curl whatsoever.
The longest was about 3 years ago, when I has teased it own to bra-strap length - which was nice, but a lot of hard work and ultimately, I think my hair is too fine to work at that length. The end of my ponytail was just wispy and pathetic.

Also, I’m recently a bit less than impressed with my usual hairdresser - long story, essentially a screwed up up-do and poor service and taking into consideration that I had been using this salon for about 8 years I was a bit cheesed off. Anyhow - I think I’d be in the business for a new hairdresser into the bargain.

So, after this lengthy spiel my two questions:

1) What’s the opinion on chin-or slightly longer- length curly bobs for 2c/3a hair?

2) Does anyone know of reputable hairdressers in Glasgow? I realise this is taking a bit of apunt - I've had a look about on google and the british curly forum, but all the answers I could find are a few years old...

Ta.
Curling it in Scotland the modCG way since September 2008.
Long suffering wavy - 2a/b.

Low-poo:
  • Naked Rescue or Care
Conditioners:
  • Original Source (any variety)
  • Naked Care and Naked Rescue DT
  • ASDA Essential Care Mango&Passionfruit or Coconut&Tiare
Stylers:
  • Boots Essentials Curl Creme
  • Boots Essentials Strong Hold Gel (purple)

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,086Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i love the bob for 2c/3a hair! i think it would look great.
    i would bring photos to whatever stylist you go to, really be clear on what you want. and make sure they are long layers, not short on top!!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    I'm in the U.S. so all I can comment is about the bob. I've had different lengths of it through the years, one is showing in my avatar, so yeah, I like them, but for the very reason that I'd had them so many times when I went for a haircut last week and ended up with a short bob I was disappointed and 2 days later took matters into my own hands and shortened it maybe more than 2" more, probably a little too short but at least different than what I've had for the past 2+ years.
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

• KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    Doesn't anyone notice that after trimming horizontal their ends curl tighter? I trimmed a very small section and the.moment I clipped the scissors the end went curly on spot.... I am now tempted to do my whole head.

[Properties for mobile users]
    M+C/ii, high porosity, medium elasticity, growing out color and heat damage.
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014