Want to get back onto strict co-washing?!

Hello! Once I relaxed my hair, my hair was an absolute mess, dry, dryer than cardboard, felt like straw. I started to co wash, and co wash only and it improved my hair a HELL of a lot.

I introduced shampoo back to my life, and it was all good for a few months but now my hairs started to dry out abit.

Can anyone recommend any good products. In the uk, or on the British curlies site?
It's hard to find tresseme naturals here most of the time so I want something readily available.
Thanks!!!

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know US-based co-wash products a lot of folks on here use, but as I don't co-wash myself, I can't really help you with UK ones. I suspect any conditioner without silicones is good for co-washing though, so with that in mind the Faith in Nature ones might be good? I've just started using their conditioners and love 'em. I bought the Rapsberry and Cranberry one, and now I've just ordered the Chocolate one!

I personally low-poo, rather than co-wash and am using the SM Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo BUT it's quite expensive as it's a US product. I'm looking for a cheap UK alternative and have just ordered the Avalon Organics Rosemary Volumising Shampoo, which has great ingredients (and is obviously sulfate free).

I posted this on another thread, but these links might help you as they list all CG friendly products in the UK, where to get them, and the price:
    List of Sulphate Free Shampoos UK, where to buy, Curly2Kinky
    list of silicone free conditioners UK, petrochemicals freeCurly2Kinky

(If you can't find stuff in Boots or whatever, try Amazon. That's where I get quite a few of my hair products, if I'm feeling too lazy to go to the store. Other good sites for us UKers are Beauty by Zara, Pak Cosmetics or Beauty Bay)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • Jamieleigh93Jamieleigh93 Posts: 56Registered Users
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I am going to try amazon free to get a good but cheaper conditioner. I'm on curly emporium now, I've used it but some of the products are expensive.
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    If you find a good conditioner but feel it's too thick for co washing, you could always dilute some right before applying so it's more slippery.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I am going to try amazon free to get a good but cheaper conditioner. I'm on curly emporium now, I've used it but some of the products are expensive.

Yeah, Amazon is sometimes the cheaper option especially if, like me, you have Prime. If I remember right, I got my Faith in Nature conditioners from there for about £5-£6
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users
    If you have a Savers or Bodycare shop near you they have inecto and/or gliss conditioners.

Inecto conditioners don't have silicones in them and are fine for co-washing. I've not checked gliss conditioners out but know that some UK based curlies use them for co-washing.
  • Jamieleigh93Jamieleigh93 Posts: 56Registered Users
    I have got the pear and coconut inecto I don't like co washing with them. I have gotten "yes to tomatoes" conditioner for co washing from holland and barret!!

I'm gonna use it when my hair needs washing :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file