Poo less in Holland

doriadoria Registered Users Posts: 25
Hi! I attempting the noo poo here in Holland. Im American so Im not that familiar with Dutch haircare products like guhl and swarzkof. Today I went and bought Palmolive condi with amandel oil because the noo poo said using a cheap conditioner with no cones would work. I was actually surprised that the Palmolive shampoo was ph neautral also and I almost bought it lol. For leave in Im using global choice leave in condit and just bought guhl direct care leave in cream with amandel olie to try also. I have been doing no poo for 1 week but am noticing flakes in my hair but I have been using a heavier conditioner so now im hoping the new condit solves this probelm. I would love to know of other products that work! :D [/i]
3B - FrizzEase Curl Poo & Condish, ABBA Moist-Scentation & Leave in w/ added essential oils (Rosemary/Peppermint) Dreamcurls Spray, Noodlehead curl creme

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mac_doria/detail?.dir=/884a&.dnm=b412.jpg&.src=ph

Comments

• MelahnyMelahny Registered Users Posts: 10
    Doria, I believe the shampoos from the reform shops would do your hair gooooood. I am talking about those with the brandname "Urtekram". It's a Norwegian or Swedish brand. They have different shampoos. You could try the 'Seaweed' shampoo. Just a thought okay. GOOD LUCK.
  • doriadoria Registered Users Posts: 25
    What is the reform shop? I will look into it but am really trying to do the noo poo rountine. My hair is pretty dry and I think not using shampoo everyday will help but I will look at the conditioners but Im not sure what reform shop is. Thanks for info :D
    3B - FrizzEase Curl Poo & Condish, ABBA Moist-Scentation & Leave in w/ added essential oils (Rosemary/Peppermint) Dreamcurls Spray, Noodlehead curl creme

Doria ok now I understand about the poo less ness you are concerned about. You could try out some conditioners from the reform shops then. There are some that have karite (shea butter) in them, and there are other good formulas. Urtekram does not sell conditioners.

Doria, reform shops are health food shops. Often vitamin shops that also sell beauty products.
    OK I will look into that. I have been to De Tuinen but most of their products are not truly natural. Is there another store that you know of that is completely natural?

Doria: you should check the "Gouden Gids". Look under 'reformwinkels'. Good luck okay.
    Thanks I will check it out!

Glad I could help some.

If you want you can mail an update (next spring) okay.

Melahny
  • TesseljoanTesseljoan Registered Users Posts: 2
    I thought I'd revive this thread to see if there are perhaps other dutch curlies on CG? And Doria, I'm wondering how CG works out for you now and if you have found any particular products to be of good use?

I've been on CG for half a week (tried it before, but fell off the wagaon after one week) and have tried so far:

Lush American Cream: Contains SLS, so not recommended for CG. Perhaps good if you feel the need to shampoo

Urtekram Chamomile conditioner (yes, they do have conditioners, found in larger health food stores): Good as a washing conditioner, but not so great as detangler/conditioner. I didn't like the smell either, but it does the job reasonably well.

TBS Nettle conditioner: Is for oily hair, but the other ones have 'cones in them. Good conditioner for washing, but with a smell a million times better then Urtekram. Is good for detangling as well.

Wonderwel haircare conditioner: this is a cheap (and I mean cheap) conditioner picked up from form the Dirk van den Broek (Bas v/d Heijden in some areas) supermarket. It contains protein, so I don't use it that often. Good for detangling and slip, but makes scalp gunky if I use it too often to wash my scalp.

I've been eyeing the Etos hairline as well. One of their conditioners doesn't contain cones and is reasonably priced.
    Anybody else have any reviews or recs for CG compatible products in Holland?
    3A/B, eagerly awaiting Masseys book to start CG routine
  • faryellefaryelle Registered Users Posts: 21
    there is a webshop in the Netherlands that ships allover the world.
    www.sisaynatural.com

They have some great products (natural basis ) that i really like check them out
  • jcgjcg Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hi, I do cg in Holland. The big Natuurwinkels (reformshop) has some good conditioners. You have to go to a big one to get the most selection. Also, Avalon organics products from de Tuinen. Or, marioposa imports, where you can get suave and jessicurl: http://www.mariposa-import.com/enp/index.html. There are also salons that cater to african type hair, I'm going to check those out.

Good luck!
  • petitfoxpetitfox Registered Users Posts: 128
    "Urtekram Chamomile conditioner (yes, they do have conditioners, found in larger health food stores): Good as a washing conditioner, but not so great as detangler/conditioner. I didn't like the smell either, but it does the job reasonably well. "

Hi! I'm living in Germany, but I was just really glad to see that other curlies used Urtekram Chamomile conditioner and agree that the smell is NOT good!! Haha, it's hard to find a natural condish here that doesn't "smell natural"...

Faryelle, Hi! I was wondering what hair type you have, and which products from Sisay you use... I don't read Dutch see, so I can't figure anything out. :oops:
    2C-3A. PW: on request
    Love:Jessicurl WDT+Too Shea, Coconut Oil, Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo, BRHG and Curls Rock Creme.
    I have some type 3 and some 4b (in the middle). I use:

sisay: jojoba jelly, natural laxer plus, hairmilk (Marley's own)
    mariposa-import: sheabutter (pure) sometimes surge and I used the jessycurl but that did not work for me.
    BTW most of the information is also in English if you scroll down on the sisay site
  • petitfoxpetitfox Registered Users Posts: 128
    2C-3A. PW: on request
    Love:Jessicurl WDT+Too Shea, Coconut Oil, Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo, BRHG and Curls Rock Creme.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file