Makeup for dark circles?

VoluminousGirlyVoluminousGirly Posts: 219Registered Users
Well my dark circles is well.. Really bad. I tried the make up thing but the concealer I got made me disgustingly orange. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!
Sing with Barney tune:
Frizz loves me
I hate frizz
It sticks to me
like a kid
with some creams
and some gel
and then nothing does the trick
Please help me
My curly friends.
:afro:

Comments

• curlygurly2016curlygurly2016 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Try the under eye concealer by nyx and if that doesn't work than go a little more expensive like the tarte eye concealer. You can also try a brightening mask to help alleviate darkness and they make night creams for under eye circles.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well my dark circles is well.. Really bad. I tried the make up thing but the concealer I got made me disgustingly orange. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

Are they genetic dark circles or from environment/diet/stress?
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • MissCamilleMissCamille Posts: 47Registered Users
    Try black tea bags that have cooled down after brewing tea for 5-10 minutes before washing your face.
    Concealer always seems too thick and cakey on my skin, so I just dab an extra layer of bb cream under my eyes. If needed, let it dry and dab another layer on. I use Holika Holika brand.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Cucumber in the morning is meant to be good, as is rubbing a bit of lemon under your eyes.

I suffer from major dark circles too. No idea why, they're just always there. I use the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer atm and it does a pretty decent job of covering them
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • VoluminousGirlyVoluminousGirly Posts: 219Registered Users
    chupie wrote: »

Are they genetic dark circles or from environment/diet/stress?

None of my family members have them. I think they began to develop around my 4th year in elementary school
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    Thanks guys!
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
  • blubutterfly04blubutterfly04 Posts: 104Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Depending on the color of your dark circles you may want to use a corrector under your concealer. If the circles are blue-toned you may want to use a more peach corrector, bobbi brown makes great ones. If the circles are more brown a yellow corrector would work best. I don't know of any drugstore correctors. You can also use a full coverage concealer, maybelline's 24 hour concealer has great coverage. Also the prolong wear concealer from MAC is amazing. Hope this helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 9-1-09, Modified CG 1/10.3a/3b mix
    Low Porosity
    No Co-Washing, Using Mild Shampoos, Lo-poos: Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Moisture Shampoo, Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    Low-poo/Clarifiers: ACV rinses
    Leave in's: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    DT's: Coconut Oil, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque,
    Stylers: AG:recoil, LA Looks Mega Hold Gel,
    ** Air dry ONLY, I love plopping!**
  • mariajohnsonmariajohnson Posts: 6Registered Users
    I generally apply concealer. Also you can get rid of dark circles but placing cucumber on your eyes for few minutes.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Green tea bags in the morning (used the day before and popped in the fridge overnight) have been helping me a bit!

I read up on it and apparently the tannins in the tea constrict capillaries to reduce swelling and tighten the skin around the eyes. The caffeine is also supposed to reduce puffiness by shrinking the blood vessels to reduce the appearance of dark circles.

It's not a miracle-worker, but I've definitely noticed a difference!

My friend also gave me the Anatomicals Puffy Eye Bag Slayer Wake Up Under Eye patches, that she got recently and had no need for. I'm going to give them a try tomorrow and see if they do anything :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do not have bad under eye circles, unless I am sick or tired, but I find a good under eye concealer works well. I like to mix a creamy concealer that will not crease with a light reflecting/illuminating concealer.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissCamilleMissCamille Posts: 47Registered Users
    Green tea bags in the morning (used the day before and popped in the fridge overnight) have been helping me a bit!

I read up on it and apparently the tannins in the tea constrict capillaries to reduce swelling and tighten the skin around the eyes. The caffeine is also supposed to reduce puffiness by shrinking the blood vessels to reduce the appearance of dark circles.

It's not a miracle-worker, but I've definitely noticed a difference!

My friend also gave me the Anatomicals Puffy Eye Bag Slayer Wake Up Under Eye patches, that she got recently and had no need for. I'm going to give them a try tomorrow and see if they do anything :)

Tea bags are my favorite fix. No cakey heavy concealer needed.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My ultimate cover-up combo: layered eye cream (GossMakeupArtist recommended this as a way to minimize fine lines under the eyes and it seriously works), followed by Per-fekt Eye Perfection Gel (under eyes only), which had a nice tingly feel and helps minimize bags. If I still need more coverage, I layer Smashbox BB Cream Eyes over top and blend with Sephora Pro Airbrush Concealer brush. The brush makes a huge difference. I generally try to avoid under eye concealer because it always seemed to cake, settle and otherwise look unnatural. This concealer brush took away my fear of under eye concealer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    My ultimate cover-up combo: layered eye cream (GossMakeupArtist recommended this as a way to minimize fine lines under the eyes and it seriously works), followed by Per-fekt Eye Perfection Gel (under eyes only), which had a nice tingly feel and helps minimize bags. If I still need more coverage, I layer Smashbox BB Cream Eyes over top and blend with Sephora Pro Airbrush Concealer brush. The brush makes a huge difference. I generally try to avoid under eye concealer because it always seemed to cake, settle and otherwise look unnatural. This concealer brush took away my fear of under eye concealer.

Corinna, based on what you wrote I'm going to buy exactly what you use. I never tried a concealer brush but I also have to deal with concealer that seems to cake etc. I'm going to get the Per-fekt eye perfection gel - do you buy it tinted or clear?

Thanks a lot for that great post;)
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I used a tinted one. I hope it works for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    corrina -- i don't have a concealer brush but i used my foundation brush to smooth the concealer and i did not get creases in my concealer today. :-) will have to continue to do that and see how it works. thanks for the tip.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • sambullock002sambullock002 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Why don't you try a concealer that truly matches your skin tone? There are usually days when I am only able to sleep for less than 5 hours a day resulting in dark circles. Applying concealer fixes this problem. I put eye serum in the evenings too to lessen the dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
  • cachosjucachosju Posts: 10Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I use an oil based theatre make-up, it is very thick and creamy. I do have to be super careful to only really apply it in the dark blue places. It's from Kryolan, called Supracolor. My shade is in 3W but they come in every possible shade so your one should be found as well. If this brand is not available to you perhaps another theatre make up in town?
    It really is perfect because A) super long lasting B) invisible C) not drying my sensitive eye skin out
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use a Lancôme silver clicky pen concealer. Alternatively I sometimes use some mineral foundation. I have dark blue/grey circles around my eyes and have to cover them every day or I look really ill, especially as I have very pale skin.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
    has anyone ever tried the deflector correction pen by carmindy? it has lavender on one side for the dark circles, other side is for highlighting.
    here is the link:
    http://carmindy.com/makeup?product_id=70

if not, have you tried anything similar?

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Has anyone used Cle de Peau concealer? I know it costs an arm and a leg, but I'm curious about it and thinking of trying it.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    i've used cle de peau concealer for several years and love it. it is expensive, but one tube lasts me a very long time, like almost 2 years!!!

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't think undereye concealer ever looks good or natural. Rather than conceal, I try to brighten the eye by applying a teeny bit of reflective or shimmer (not sparkle!) shadow in white or vanilla, in three strategic locations: inner corners of the eyes, browbones, and upper/outer cheekbones. Blend well. It brightens up the whole eye and distracts from dark circles.
    i would love to just be able to highlight my eye area, but i truly have dark circles and need to lighten them. it is not easy to make that look natural, but with the right concealer, its texture, shade, etc. and applying with a light hand, makes a huge difference to me. i wear very light makeup, not even foundation, and if i did not need to conceal the circles under my eyes, i'd probably go without makeup most of the time. i will when i am on a beach vacation, etc., or just hanging around the house, otherwise, it's some light makeup.

rbb wrote: »
    i've used cle de peau concealer for several years and love it. it is expensive, but one tube lasts me a very long time, like almost 2 years!!!
    I bought my tube yesterday. Looking forward to using it. I figure it will take me a few times to figure out best application technique and amount to use.

rbb, once you knew your shade in CdP concealer, what store do you buy it from, or do you just order it online from one of the dept store sites, or CdP site directly? Asking this because I was surprised that my Nordstrom didn't have a CdP counter, so I had to go to another dept. store. As you said, it should last a long time between purchases, but I'm just curious where you buy yours.
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    Spiralli -- i am really surprised that nordstrom does not carry cdp -- if i had one closer to me that is where i would have tried to buy it. i buy mine at saks, and really that is probably the only cosmetic i still buy there and since i know the shade i need (light) i get it online wherever there is a sale/rewards thing.

i find with concealers and the few foundations i have purchased over the years, that i have to go a shade lighter than salesperson says. looks ok in the yellow lights of the store, then i walk outside and/or in car, and wow it is too dark. so go outside with a mirror and check how the shade works on you.

i find the cdp concealer easy to apply and never cakes up, does not change color, nor turn orange, i rarely have to reapply. i have tried a wide variety of brands over the years and found this to be the best. i actually got the suggestion on this site form another member. but for the life of me i cannot retrieve that thread!!! :-(

I should have mentioned that the particular Nordstrom I happened to be at didn't have a CdP counter, but the SA told me that certain other Nordstrom stores do, but she wasn't sure which stores in my area did. However, I knew Neiman Marcus had a CdP counter so I got it there. I really dislike shopping at NM, but I had no idea what shade I would be so I bit the bullet and went in person to a store. They tried Almond and Beige on me (Ivory looked too light), and I bought Beige. I hope it looks natural on me when I do my makeup from scratch. Otherwise I will take it back to exchange and will have to deal with their snootiness again. :batman:
    i just got online to say that probably some nordstrom stores carry cdp, they carry it online.
    that happened to me with sake -- i have been searching for a really top eye creme at affordable prices and found shiseido benefiance 24hr eye creme, and the reviews were great, raving. saw onine that saks carried it, so i went there and the one in my location does not have a shiseido counter, but the guy told me to look at cle de peau counter as they were the same company, just cdp was the high end. i do not want to spend that much and found what i wanted at sephora (by the way, it is hands down the most excellent eye creme ever!).
    so, i was thinking that the stores probably have either shiseido or cdp in the store, and both online.
    (of course, estee lauder, la mer and clinique are same company and they all in most stores, but i guess cdp is different company.)
    definitely go back if it is the wrong shade.

• anneRoxyanneRoxy Posts: 10Registered Users
    Cucumbers have skin-lightening and mild astringent properties that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally. Plus, they have a soothing and refreshing effect. Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
    Okay I heard eyeliner helped hide it so I tried using pencil eyeliner and my eye began to puff up D:
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    MAC Studio Finish concealer. This is for dark circles, not bags or puffiness.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file