CurlTalk

garnier fructis curl and shine leave in

Hello. I have read most of the reviews for this product and am intrigued. I seemed that you guys that had good results had more 3bish hair. Have any wavies/loose curlies had success with this - does it increase curl in wavy hair. Also, does it have hold or would you need to use a gel with it. Thanks a lot

Comments

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    It does enhance curl a little but it won't make wavy hair into actual curly hair.
    It has no hold for me, I use a gel over it.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • curls101curls101 Posts: 334Registered Users
    How do i use it?How many times a week?
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    I use it every time I wash. I don't need any gel over it when I use it.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I definitely need a gel over it, otherwise my hair goes limp after a while.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • parzyparzy Posts: 246Registered Users
    I use a gel over it, but just a *bit* of Angell, and it works great!

I actually got this months ago and tried it a couple of times and wasn't impressed. I almost threw it out. Then...I've had to dig around under the sink and try to use what I have due to MAJOR vet bills and I'm really glad I gave it another shot :)
    2b (a fine 'n porous wavy)...and finally growing out :-)

Wash: Deva Low-poo
    Condish and leave in: OneC or Suave Coconut

Styler: Angell or the Deva foam, sometimes KKKC

Etc: Set It Free as a refresher

Protien: Looking for one

I love hairspray...don't judge
  • selfcurledgirlselfcurledgirl Posts: 516Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just used the sleek and shine on second day dry hair and it added curl. I think I like it and I like it better than the curl and shine wash out conditioner. I wonder how it will combine with one c and angel. Imay try that tomorrow night when I wet my hair. They didn't have the curl and shine, is there a difference?
    Hair type, thin, 3b, past my shoulders always looking for length. Use jessicurl hair cleansing cream, devacurl one c, angel, set it free, Always see a deva trained stylist for cut and Aveda Institute for color.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I just used the sleek and shine on second day dry hair and it added curl. I think I like it and I like it better than the curl and shine wash out conditioner. I wonder how it will combine with one c and angel. Imay try that tomorrow night when I wet my hair. They didn't have the curl and shine, is there a difference?

Yeah, the C&S has the glycerin high up. It's more curl enhancing.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock: