CurlTalk

Different curl/texture on one side

undineundine Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi all,

I'm on my 5th day of CG, and have definitely noticed a difference in my hair. Right now I'm using DevaCurl (figured I'd start slow at first).

What I've found is that my hair seems to have a lot of different textures going on. When I plop and then scrunch it with gel when it's wet, my hair is 2c.

When I plop and let it air dry without product/scrunching, I've noticed that the left side of my hair is curlier than the right--more of a 2b/2c on top with 2a underneath, whereas the right has 2a on top and 2b underneath.

Does anyone else have this? Is it just a beginning CG thing, or is this type of variation normal for 2s?

I don't really like it--my 2a side is frizzing a lot more than the 2b side.

Comments

• KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    Since you mention frizz it could be more damaged than the other side or you could lay on that side.more than the other or simply it's a looser curl patern.
    Unfortunately curly hair is not even and you will find that even that each wash day could vary from the next or the previous.
    I would say that is too soon to determine your curl patern. I started as a 2b myself and my hair is close to 3a on some parts.
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014