Neutral Protein

auntcurlyauntcurly Posts: 234Registered Users
I really want to try Neutral Protein, but I just found out that the s&h fee is a whopping 9 bucks.

Is Sally Beauty the only place that sell this product? Is it exclusive to her?

I don't have a Sally's near me but loads of other BSS.

Shipping fees are a pain and for 2+ oz to have to pay $10, that's highway robbery.

Comments

• CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    For starters, where do you live? If it's in the States, this product is made here and you could probably find it somewhere else or from another website that charges less shipping. The brand name is "Colorful".
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

• auntcurlyauntcurly Posts: 234Registered Users
    I live in NYC. The nearest Sally's is in Queens. If I have to, I'll trek out there, but it's quite a hike but only pubic transportation fare at half the price. Still there are loads of BSS in NYC. Shouldn't on have this product?
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    auntcurly wrote: »
    I live in NYC. The nearest Sally's is in Queens. If I have to, I'll trek out there, but it's quite a hike but only pubic transportation fare at half the price. Still there are loads of BSS in NYC. Shouldn't on have this product?

I've seen it on Amazon too. You might do a search there. The full name is "Colorful Neutral Protein Filler."
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just went to the Sally's website. The cost of the 4 oz bottle is $6.59 (more then $4 less then Amazon) and the shipping was $5.95.) Not sure why it was different for me. A long time ago, I figured out that my time, in addition to gas (or public transportation costs), is worth something.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sally's also sells a small 2 oz. bottle, which is what I usually get because I don't use it often, but of course, that wouldn't be practical to order by mail.

But I want to ask why it is that you want to try this particular one. If it is for conditioning only, there's many other good products out there that you might find much more easily, but if it is for mixing with haircolor to insure evenness of color then stick with this one.
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.

• BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 583Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Whatever the time or trouble...for me, or anyone whose hair demands and thrives via protein...it's worth it! This little bottle is chock full of virtually pure protein! Add just a few drops to any product, and WaLa ~ instant protein boost. With products that are just "meh," it'll take them to the level that makes my hair happy and bouncing for joy. I suspect it's the keratin. The 2nd ingredient after water is hydrolyzed keratin. I use it in my flaxseed gel spray, with conditioners, etc. The only product I've ever found so far that works this type of magic on my hair, like CNPF...that even comes close, is the GVP Kpak. Just a few drops is all that's needed, so that makes it extremely cost effective.
  • CurlyInTheFogCurlyInTheFog Posts: 876Registered Users
    You can get a big bottle on Amazon for about $20. I think mine is 16 oz. I figure that will last me a good year, and I use it weekly (spray on). I have Prime, so didn't pay separately for shipping, but if you had to pay I don't think it would be all that bad. Better than the same amount for a tiny bottle!
    3a/b, F, normal porosity

Suave conditioner, LAL gel
  • auntcurlyauntcurly Posts: 234Registered Users
    Finally sprung for the Neutral Protein. How to use it in my flaxseed gel?
    TIA
    auntcurly wrote: »
    Finally sprung for the Neutral Protein. How to use it in my flaxseed gel?
    TIA

How much did you make?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file