Thinning Hair/Traction Alopecia

Selena_MSelena_M Registered Users Posts: 26
Hi! I'm new here, but I've been reading and researching on this site for a while. Lately, I've noticed the hair at the top front of my head is getting thin. Searching for causes, I learned about traction alopecia, which makes sense as I usually wear my hair up in a bun. I've heard wonderful things about coconut and castor oil, but I'm not sure when/how to use them. Also, I would like to know if there are any traction-friendly hairstyles out there? Google is not too helpful and I would like to be able to pull my hair out of my face lol

Further: 3b hair, waist-length, aussie moist cowash (2x week), aussie moist shampoo (1x week), aussie hair insurance leave-in

Thanks so much!

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    There is absolutely no scientific proof that either oil will make your hair grow faster, but both oils will moisturise it and stop it from breaking.

Apply a little to dry hair at night, cover hair and wash out in the morning with conditioner, low poo or shampoo.
    I forgot to add scalp massage to help increase blood flow to the head may work for you and it may not.

In my case it doesn't work there as exercise works.

You could try the inversion method instead which some claim eases back pain as well as helps grow your hair.
    Google how to do the method safely as there are many variations from doing a head stand to hanging you head of the bed.
  • Selena_MSelena_M Registered Users Posts: 26
    Thanks for the tips! As for the hair styles , would a simple braid be too damaging or would that be okay?

Thanks again!
    Selena_M wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips! As for the hair styles , would a simple braid be too damaging or would that be okay?

Thanks again!

You are pulling your hair too tightly so you need to get away from any styles where your hair is pulled tightly back.

If you are putting your hair in a tight bun then it's unlikely a braid or pony tail will help you as you probably want your hair to look extremely neat.

If you don't mind your hair more messy with strands around your edges and other thinning parts not pulled in then it would be fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file