Hair analysis results.

Hi everyone,
I have just recieved the results of my hair analysis, and I have: course hair with low/normal elasticity and my hair's porosity is low at the roots, normal in the middle, and gradually goes to extremely high at the ends (I hadn't had a trim in about three months, so may explain that..? :laughing7:).
I've been advised to hydrate my hair with '-forming humectants and hydrolyzed proteins as your hair tolerates them'... which is fine, but I have no idea what that means!(help!) It was also suggested that I use both deep-conditioning pre-wash treatments, and oil pre-wash treatments. And to use protein occasionally.
OK, so as exciting as it was to get my results, I was told my hair is in excellent condition considering its length... which in a way was disapointing. My hair looks awful to me.. there's no gloss, at all! Any products leave it looking clumpy, and when it's dry it looks incredibly dry. I can't touch my hair at all, and it tangles so so easily..
Anyway, enough complaining.. any reccomendations for a good protein treatment that I can use once a week, and a good deep-conditioner?
I use coconut oil for around 2 hours once a fortnight, but it's so difficult to wash out.. I'm trying to be all low-poo, but I need to wash it 3-4 times to get the oil out, feels nice after, but nothing special :\

Comments

• KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    My advice for coconut oil is that your hair hasn't absorbed anything in 2 hours. I apply it in.a combo with a protein conditioner as it helps binding protein better and leave it at least 12-13 hours. Last time.I must have let it from 3pm to 6am and I was able to run my fingers through my hair. I don't apply it on my low porosity roots only on my previously dyed parts.
    Another thing is that you might use too much or it's not the right oil for your hair. No one denies that it's very nourishing but each ones hair has it's preferences. My hair was getting tangly the first 2 months non stop. I then changed ingredients was more consistent with pre poo and also got some trimming.

{Stats for mobiles}
    M/C, High Porosity,Normal Elast. 2c/3a Boticelli/Corkicelli
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014
  • LoveliamLoveliam Posts: 318Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This page may help in terms of types of products and ingredients:

science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/p/product-list-by-category.html
    Leigh :)
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Mop Top Low Poo or Deva low poo
    Deva One Condition
    Deva B'leave-in for higher dews (Deva Foam for low dews).
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
    HG: Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir after applying Deva and for 2nd/third day.
  • EntropyEntropy Posts: 67Registered Users
    I can't seem to find the time to leave it in any longer than 2 hours :( lol. I could push it to 4 hours on a Sunday maybe, tops!
    I don't know where to get a protein conditioner from.. Can't seem to find many cg approved products in the UK!

Thanks for the link, but again, mainly US products. This is getting tricky... :)
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Entropy wrote: »
    I can't seem to find the time to leave it in any longer than 2 hours :( lol. I could push it to 4 hours on a Sunday maybe, tops!
    I don't know where to get a protein conditioner from.. Can't seem to find many cg approved products in the UK!

Thanks for the link, but again, mainly US products. This is getting tricky... :)
    I do things overnight. To do this you need a large enough shower cap, satin scarves and bonnets.

In regards to products as you can use google search, look for the British curlies website and their associated forum. You will get help there.

On the ground shops like Bodycare, Savers, Boots and Superdrug all sell CG products on the high street. The British curlies forum will list some of them like inecto conditioners.

Paks cosmetics and Beauty by Zara which have mail order also sell a lot of CG products. Zara sells the more expensive products while Paks, which has cheaper mail order costs sells ecostyler gels, random hair masks and vatika coconut oil from them. Again use Google to find their websites.
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Entropy wrote: »

BritishCurlies has a list of High Street CG products here: High Street CG products | Curly Hair Forum by British Curlies. You'd have to analyze ingredients yourself, but if you can pull ingredients lists for the UK product, you'd be able to compare with the US based products in IAGirl's list. Alternatively, IAGirl (Science-y Hair Blog author) might be able to advise you.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file