Oil leave-in conditioner?

I keep seeing people talk about their homemade leave-in recipes and adding different oils (lavender, tea tree, coconut etc.). Where do you find your oils?? I don't want to waste any $$ on something that will hurt my poor hair.
Mod CG
2A/B, medium/course, normal porosity, SL
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Chamomile & Argan Oil
CO wash: Suave Apple conditioner (1:1)
LI: Sauve Coconut (1:1 & coconut oil)

Comments

• ShinycurlsShinycurls Registered Users Posts: 3
    I advise you to try Argan Oil, I use it on my hair and it is definitely healthier and shinier!
  • WeathercurlWeathercurl Registered Users Posts: 228
    I've had good luck finding coconut oil at places like TJ Maxx and Ross. And good essential oils can be ordered on line at various websites. I particularly like the Mountain Rose website (but they don't discount shipping much).
    2b/2c ( weather permitting - 3a), fine texture but lots of it, colored and highlights, BSL.
    Experimenting w CG since Oct 2012

Current rotation:
    cowash= TN
    AG Gel Mousse, LA Gel,
    DT = Coconut oil (love)
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Curl Connoisseur
    If you need to get them on the ground, try your local health food store. They'd be more likely to have pure essential oils than a drugstore, where many of the "argan oil" styling aids are chock-full of silicones. If you don't mind online, you might check VitaCost and/or Lotioncrafter.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    I can't seem to find many oils locally myself, but I do have great luck buying them from Amazon - I get my Lucy Bee's coconut oil from there and it's really well-priced :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    I can't seem to find many oils locally myself, but I do have great luck buying them from Amazon - I get my Lucy Bee's coconut oil from there and it's really well-priced :)
    Have you tried a larger supermarket for olive oil and coconut oil? Or a pharmacy for coconut oil, olive oil and sweet almond oil?

The other oils you may have to get from a health food shop but I have seen and brought the oils I've mentioned above in these two places. Pharmacies sell the oils as doctors do prescribe them/tell people to get them for some dry skin problems. They cost between £1-2.
  • AmyShortAmyShort Registered Users Posts: 29
    Thanks all :)
    Mod CG
  • AmyShortAmyShort Registered Users Posts: 29
    Shinycurls wrote: »
    I advise you to try Argan Oil, I use it on my hair and it is definitely healthier and shinier!

Where do you get yours? Online or in a store?
    Mod CG
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Banned Users Posts: 1,073
    Even W-M sells c.o., and for hair you don't need the virgin one. Essential oils like mentioned before you'd have to get at a health food store, but the prices may be way higher than online despite the shipping. If there's a big mall where you live that has a Vitamin World you can also check there, their prices are lower and they used to have 50% off sales at the beginning of the month. They are the same products sold at Puritan.com and the same as Nature's Bounty sold at stores.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file